6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 9:43 AM by HihnnyDeck

App gets stuck on start-up screen at launch iPod Touch 5th Gen - full disk issue

HihnnyDeck

Can't do anything. IPod touch 5th generation.

thoughts?

This is all that I can see...

photo.jpg

A couple more notes... I have the latest version of iOS and 2.7GB of free space.

I have rebooted to release memory and it still gets stuck on the intro screen.

Are there any users out there who have this working on a 5th Gen iPod Touch?

• 1. Re: App gets stuck on start-up screen at launch iPod Touch 5th Gen
          ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

there are some users that have run into the same issue, we have not been able to reproduce this issue which means that we need your help.

If you could give us the crash logs that would help a lot, they are available at the following locations on your desktop once you've connected the device to it:

OSX: /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/DeviceName/PSTouchphone....log

Windows: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\DeviceName\PSTouchphone....log

The known workarounds are:

Uninstall and reinstall from iTunes with USB (normally works)

If that doesn't work the only known workaround is to upgrade your iOS version.

Did PS Touch always behave like this on your iPod? I.e. - when did you first install and start PS Touch?

If not can you recall how you installed PS Touch the first time?

Over iTunes or AppStore? And do you recall how you updated it?

thanks,

Ignacio

• 2. Re: App gets stuck on start-up screen at launch iPod Touch 5th Gen
            HihnnyDeck Level 1

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for your response and suggestions.

Here are the answers to some of your questions...

>Did PS Touch always behave like this on your iPod? I.e. - when did you first install and start PS Touch?

Yes, it has always behaved like this and has never worked for me. I first installed PS Touch yesterday afternoon.

>If not can you recall how you installed PS Touch the first time?

Over iTunes or AppStore? And do you recall how you updated it?

I installed it straight to my iPod from the AppStore and it has never been updated.

After it did not work I realized that my iOS was out of date, so I updated that and rebooted the iPod, still not working.

I will get you the crash logs later when I can get to the computer where I have my iTunes library that is connected to this iPod.

Is there a minimum amount of disk space that is required to install the app? I think my iPod was pretty full at the time because I needed to delete some stuff in order to install the iOS update (it wanted 2.5GB free and I only had about 75MB). Maybe it might help to look into installing onto an iPod that is quite full and see if you can replicate the problem?

I'll get back to you with the crash logs in a couple of hours.

Thanks

• 3. Re: App gets stuck on start-up screen at launch iPod Touch 5th Gen
              ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

yes 75 mb is very little free space for PS Touch when it comes to large image compositing with many layers.

If you get it to launch and you work with larger files you will most likely run out of disk space and it might lead to corrupted files.

thanks,

Ignacio

• 4. Re: App gets stuck on start-up screen at launch iPod Touch 5th Gen
                HihnnyDeck Level 1

Hi Ignacio,

So I just hooked my iPod up to my computer and snyched it and there are no files in the CrashReporter folder - it is empty.

Maybe since it has never launched it has never crashed and generated a report.

• 5. Re: App gets stuck on start-up screen at launch iPod Touch 5th Gen
                  ibarrien Adobe Employee

Ok,

have you tried to uninstall and reinstall it (over iTunes and USB normally works but you can try it with the AppStore first)?

Does that help?

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 6. Re: App gets stuck on start-up screen at launch iPod Touch 5th Gen
                    HihnnyDeck Level 1

Hi Ignaciao,

Here is an update... I deleted the app from my iPod and reinstalled from the AppStore on the iPod (not through iTunes on the computer) - this time with more than 2.5 GB free.

The app had no problem installing and now launches just fine.

I am guessing that the low amount of free disk space when I originally installed was the problem.

Perhaps now you can test with a nearly full iPod (I think I had just 75MB free) and see if you can replicate the problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your assistance.