3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 11:35 AM by Petteri_Paananen

Help with show/hide fields

Kendall1979

Hello, I am creating an interactive map where different sections will be buttons. When you click on one button it reveals stats for that area using the show/hide field. This is all great but when you click on another area the previous area stays open. Does anyone know a way that that field will automatically close when another button is triggered? Thanks...

• 1. Re: Help with show/hide fields
          Petteri_Paananen Level 4

You must add the hide actions for other fields to all buttons as well

If you have 3 pop-ups, then you must have 3 button as well

Button 1

Shows field 1

Hides fields 2&3

Button 2

Shows field 2

Hides fields 1&3

Button 3

Shows field 3

Hides fields 1&2

• 2. Re: Help with show/hide fields
            Kendall1979 Level 1

Thank you so much, this is going to be a hard one with 162 buttons but at least it works!

• 3. Re: Help with show/hide fields
              Petteri_Paananen Level 4

Auts... you understand that you have to make more than 26.000 actions for getting 162 button/fields to show and hide properly... I don´t know if PDF even supports that many....

If you know for sure that your users have Adobe Reader or Acrobat for reading PDF files, you could also make your interactive map to different indd-file, use multistate object to get show/hide effect waaaay easier.... then export it as SWF and replace your show/hide fields objects with that SWF by using File>Place. Open Media panel and finalize it by checking Play on Page Load and choose poster image from current frame.

Using placed SWF file in PDF has its own cons but if you really must get interactive map like that, with that many showing/hiding objects I would say using SWF instead of PDF based show/hide fields&actions will save you lots of nerves.