2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2007 3:02 PM by Richard_Gent

eBook Software

Richard_Gent Level 1
      Does anyone know of an excellent application for creating eBooks? I'm looking for something that will help me create the eBook and deliver and sell it online.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards, Richard Gent
        • 1. Re: eBook Software
          Level 7
          Richard Gent wrote:
          > Does anyone know of an excellent application for creating eBooks? I'm looking
          > for something that will help me create the eBook and deliver and sell it online.
          >
          > Any advice would be much appreciated.
          >
          > Kind regards, Richard Gent

All you need is Adobe InDesign or MS Publisher. Once you've finished,
          covert the document to PDF format.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: eBook Software
            Richard_Gent Level 1
            I have various publishing tools that will export to PDF format. However, I need something that will allow me to deliver an eBook that can be read online without it being downloaded. Ideally, I would need something that can be secured until an access code payment has been made and which will allow for interactive content to be added.

The project I'm working on is this, which may explain my needs, I am looking to publish an eBook online which contains large quantities of illustrations that need to be available in high resolution so that they can be blown up on a whiteboard and remain clear and sharp. I want the pages to turn like a book. I want the reader to be able to interact with the content, search it, do quizzes, tests, etc. at intervals through the text. This is with a view to the eBook being sold online as a digital product requiring an activation code.

Any ideas?