5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 11:16 AM by joel_pau

Insert a table in Edge from Wordpress thorough Json, but...

AmintaAdobe Level 1

Hi folks!

I have to insert automatically a table contained in a page of a Wordpress site in a Edge composition.

So, I've got the Json code of the page thorough a WP Plugin, validated it with JsonLint, copied in the file "Prova.json" and succesfully inserted in a Edge Composition in this way:

CompositionReady

$.getJSON('Prova.json', function(data){

$.each(data,function(i,item){

sym.$("json").html(item.content)

})

})

The problem is: the output - you see - is not a table.

Original html page:

OriginalHtml.jpg

Edge output:

EdgeOutput.jpg

Here's the Json validated content:

[

{

"title": "Organigramma",

"content": "<tableborder='0'>\r\n<tbody><tr>\r\n<td>Udine</td>\r\n<td>Proloco</td>\r\n</tr>\r\n<tr>\ r\n<td>Latisana</td>\r\n<td>Proloco</td>\r\n</tr>\r\n<tr>\r\n<td>SanGiorgio</td>\r\n<td>Pr oloco</td>\r\n</tr>\r\n<tr>\r\n<td>Begamo</td>\r\n<td>Proloco</td>\r\n</tr>\r\n<tr>\r\n<td >Milano</td>\r\n<td>Proloco</td>\r\n</tr>\r\n<tr>\r\n<td>Genova</td>\r\n<td>Proloco</td>\r \n</tr>\r\n<tr>\r\n<td>Roma</td>\r\n<td>Proloco</td>\r\n</tr>\r\n<tr>\r\n<td>Trani</td>\r\ n<td>Proloco</td>\r\n</tr>\r\n<tr>\r\n<td>Milano</td>\r\n<td>Proloco</td>\r\n</tr>\r\n<tr> \r\n<td>Torino</td>\r\n<td>Proloco</td>\r\n</tr>\r\n</tbody>\r\n</table>"

}

]

Here are the project files: http://www.terredainventare.it/EdgeJson.zip

Any help???

Many thanks in advance!

Davide

• 1. Re: Insert a table in Edge from Wordpress thorough Json, but...
          joel_pau Level 5

Hi,

Your html table has an error.

Your problem comes from: <tableborder'0'>.

A space is missing between table and border.

Because border'0' means no border, you can try <table>.

Now, json and html are correct.

This code:

$.getJSON('Prova.json', function(data){

$.each(data,function(i,item){

console.log(item.content);

sym.$("json").html(item.content);

});

sym.$("table").css("width","100%");

sym.$("td").css({"border": "1px solid grey"});

})

returns:

table.jpg

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Insert a table in Edge from Wordpress thorough Json, but...
            joel_pau Level 5

AmintaAdobe wrote:

Original html page:

OriginalHtml.jpg

To rebuild the table above:

$.getJSON( 'Prova.json', function(data){

$.each( data, function(i,item){ sym.$("json").html(item.content) } );

sym.$("table").css( {"width": "100%", "border-collapse": "collapse"} );

sym.$("tr").css( {"border-top": "1px solid grey", "border-bottom": "1px solid grey"} );

sym.$("td").css("padding", "5px");

});

• 4. Re: Insert a table in Edge from Wordpress thorough Json, but...
              AmintaAdobe Level 1

THANKS Joel!

As always, you're very kind to explain step by step what to do to fix a problem, I've already learned a lot of stuff from you in the last months on this forum!!

I know that I'm a bit off topic, but I wonder if it is possible achieve this result: I would make that the Json  API Plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/json-api/other_notes/) that I use in Wordpress pass the values directly to a Edge Animation that I'll insert in the same site, so when I update a table in a simple WP page this table is updated also in the Edge Animation.

In the plugin Homepage I found what can be maybe the solution, but I can't understand what exactly to do:

.1. Output-modifying arguments

The following arguments modify how you get results back from the API. The redirect response styles are intended for use with the data manipulation methods.

Setting callback to a JavaScript function name will trigger a JSONP-style callback.

Setting redirect to a URL will cause the user's browser to redirect to the specified URL with a status value appended to the query vars (see the Response objects section below for an explanation of status values).

Setting redirect_[status] allows you to control the resulting browser redirection depending on the status value.

Setting dev to a non-empty value adds whitespace for readability and responds with text/plain

Omitting all of the above arguments will result in a standard JSON response.

I know that this matter can be a little offtopic but I know also that are many people that build or manage websites in WP and would use Edge in the same site (for this, there is the excellent Edge Suite plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/edge-suite/), but there is also more people (in this forum too) that ask for insert in Edge animations a dinamically created code from external data.

I thank you in advance if you want spend a little time in this matter!

Many thanks for all!!

Davide

• 5. Re: Insert a table in Edge from Wordpress thorough Json, but...
                joel_pau Level 5

I sent you a private message.