I am going to be heading out of state to work on a documentary for 3-8 months and I need to keep working on my client's projects while I am there. Because of the distance, travel and living arangements I can't bring my desktop and will need a laptop.
My budget is $2000-$2500. What brands do you all recommend for laptops? I have heard good things about Lenovo, Asus and MSI from friends, but what other brands should I look at? Please only reccomend brands you or your colleagues have used.
About 90% of my work takes place in AE and PPro (It is split 50/50 between them) and the other 10% in AI, PS, EN and SG.
Also, I have spent a few hours or so researching geforce and quadro and I am thoroughly confused about which is better for CS6 AE and PPro.
Thanks in advance for your help and advice with these two things!
I would suggest you get ADK to custom build you a Premiere/After Effects designed computer call Eric. They are Video Editing experts and their support is superior.
Quadro versus GeForce GTX-- For a general laptop aplication there is no good reason to go Quadro. It is best for 10-bit monitor applications which would be way out of your ballpard pricewise.