5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2013 1:27 PM by the_wine_snob

Create menus

P1965 Level 1

At one time i could open, set up, create menus, now I cant find it....  anyone know where they went?  (Pre elements 11)

• 1. Re: Create menus
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can customize the background, fonts and text colors right in the Premiere Elements's Movie Menu Adjustments workspace. Is that what you're talking about?

To truly customize a menu or modify a template file, you'll need to open a template in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. In version 11, this is an especially challenging manuever, since the templates only download to your computer as you select and apply them -- and there are some special things you need to do that you didn't have to do in previous versions. It's not for the feint of heart.

But I do give detailed instructions for doing so in my Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements 11 combined book.

I've also created a 2-part tutorial describing how to do it for subscribers at http://Muvipix.com.

http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=46

• 2. Re: Create menus
            the_wine_snob Level 9

To add DVD/BD Menus, go to Tools>Movie Menus, from the lower Toolbar. That will bring up the DVD/BD Menu Library, and the Menu Adjustment Panel.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Create menus
              P1965 Level 1

The "menus" in the tools drop down was not accessable for whatever reason.  After closing and a reboot, it appeared.  Thanks for the help again!  One other thing, is it possible to add more text to the main menu, other than what is already there.  eg: Add a personal message to viewers....

• 4. Re: Create menus
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Only by modifying the template in Photoshop, as in my first post.

• 5. Re: Create menus
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

As Steve points out, that is possible from the Menu design Panel. One exception, that can be very important, is that most Menu Set Templates have a Text Object, that can be easily altered. That Text is but a graphic on the Menu. Buttons, howerer, are a slightly different matter. If one changes the Text in a Button (will be part of that Button's Layer Set), adding more Text can create a problem. By the DVD-specs., Buttons cannot overlap, even by 1 pixel, so if one adds Text to a Button, and makes it large enough to overlap any other Button, the Menu will not function.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful