Thank you, Peter. I didn't know about the CPD file. I will ask my team leader about it. The day after I posted my original msg, I showed my team lead and he has access to version control (in an internal Microsoft Sharepoint site) and he deleted the created files. I have not had the problem again ... (fingers crossed).
I faced the same issue when I used sharepoint for the version control. I have discovered that the following might be the issues:
- Reference to bookmarks that no longer exist – You can identify such bookmarks from the topic created by the application and seen in the Topic list. You can remove the project from the version control (you cannot delete that topic unless you remove it from the version control), delete all references to the problematic bookmark in the main topic, delete the extra topic, and add to the version control again.
- Long bookmark names – Reduce the number of characters in the bookmark name till the point that on save the new topic is not created.
These 2 helped me solve my problem. Hope it helps somebody else as well.