2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2013 7:37 AM by gvsuk RSS

Problem with menu buttons

gvsuk

Hi there,

I have been using encore cs5 for a while now but have suddenly come across unusual activity when authoring DVD...

I render mpg2 and bring it into Encore. I then make chapters on timeline and link to 5 buttons as required.

When I preview it all looks fine and I have no problems. However, when I build project and burn, it plays first 3 buttons fine but for some reason the last two buttons do not link to correct chapter?

I have checked links many times and as far as I can see they are all fine?  Any idea's please?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Problem with menu buttons
          Jeff Bellune ACP

Do you have any overrides set anywhere in the project?

Jeff

• 2. Re: Problem with menu buttons
            gvsuk Community Member

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for coming back to me.

OK, I think I have solved the problem....

I am using Dual Layer discs 2h-10mins and I notice that the auto (switch layer) in Encore was in use. As a last attempt I decided to use manual switch layer and it now burns and works fine !!

I can only assume that Encore puts a hidden chapter mark at a point within the timeline and this therefore causes problems with my own chapters?

Once I used manual switch layer mode it was fine.

However, if I bring into Encore footgae that has not been transcoded then there is never a problem, apart from poorer quality ? The above problem only happened when I brought in Mpeg2 transcoded footage!!

Up to now I have been importing HDV footage and letting Encore transcode it (auto mode) for me but I must admit it does not do a great job regarding quality and seems to use more space?

If I first transcode in Premiere HDV to Mpeg2 then it looks much better and takes up less space !! I just have to remember from now on to manual set layer switch mode!

Thanks

Again