2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2013 3:14 PM by Lee Jay

If I opt out of migration, will I still end up with a Revel account?

Lee Jay Level 4

I hit the opt out link, but it took me to the migration screen, so I'm not sure if I opted out or not.  I have nothing in my photoshop.com account (I can't even remember how I got one), and I don't plan to use Revel since I don't use Apple products and my existing hosting site is quite a bit superior and 1/3 the cost.  So I'm wondering if I will end up with an empty Revel account just like the empty Photoshop.com account I have now, which I'd rather not.

• 1. Re: If I opt out of migration, will I still end up with a Revel account?
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

If you opted out of migration then you should not end up with a Revel account automatically. We are sorry  you chose not to try Revel. You do realize that a premium account is not required, right? There is a free option that allows unlimited uploads for 30 days and then 50 per month from there on.

Pattie

• 2. Re: If I opt out of migration, will I still end up with a Revel account?
            Lee Jay Level 4

Pattie F wrote:

If you opted out of migration then you should not end up with a Revel account automatically.

Well, I'm not sure I did.  I hit the opt out link, but it didn't take me to an opt out screen, just a migration screen.

We are sorry  you chose not to try Revel. You do realize that a premium account is not required, right? There is a free option that allows unlimited uploads for 30 days and then 50 per month from there on.

I realize that, but I'm not sure why I'd want it, even free.  My existing hosting can host JPEGs, TIFFs, raw files, video files, pdfs, and even Microsoft Office files, and it's all customizable, easy to use and fast, and all controllable from any browser without need of any application at all.  Revel seems to be using the nutty Apple-centric model of needing an application for everything, when the web was designed specifically so that anyone on any platform with a browser can use it, no special applications required.  And I don't have any Apple equipment anyway.