10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 9:52 AM by groob1

Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash

groob1

Hi, everytime I 3d camera  track, the track works but when I try to scrub through on the timeline my computer locks up, meaning I have to manually restart by pressing the off button.

Does anyone else have this problem or know a fix? (I have updated my video drivers and still not working)

My specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Radeon HD 5850

Intel i5 750

Gigabyte P55-UD4 motherboard

8gb Ram

Any help appreciated!

• 1. Re: Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash
          Matt Dubuque Level 1

Can you please post a screen shot of your entire screen?

A picture is worth 4500 words.

Matt Dubuque, 100 Trees

• 2. Re: Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash
            groob1 Level 1

I'm unable to post a picture of it after it crashes, because the computer has crashed, but here's what it looks like before it crashes:

crash.jpg

Also I have found that it only freezes when i scrub through with the 3d tracker enabled; if i click off the effect so the dots dissapear then I can scrub through with no trouble.

• 3. Re: Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash
              Klaus_Brandenburg Level 2

Seems to be some DSLR footage that usually have some h264 compression. You could follow Todds advice to rename the footage from mov to mpg to not involve Quicktime for decoding or convert your footage to a production codec like PNG, Cineform, DNxHD and see if that solves your problem. Could also be a driver or hardware issue with your GPU.

• 4. Re: Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your preview is set to full, your view is set to 47.1% so you are probably using Fit... You are asking a lot of your system to make all those calculations for a preview.

Change the preview to Auto and the viewer to 50% or 25% and you should be fine.

Also, I'm a little curious about the shot. It looks like a seven second take. Is it an aerial and how much camera movement is there in it? Huge amounts of movement like pans can also cause a bunch of problems with tracker because the solved points don't stay attached for more than a couple of frames.

• 5. Re: Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash
                  groob1 Level 1

Cheers for the help, I did what you suggested but it still crashes. Also now whatever footage I import crashes my computer when scrubbing, WITHOUT even applying the 3d tracker....

I'm wondering if my graphics card is getting outdated, as I often get

"display driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Regarding the shot its a handheld shot with a tiny amount of camera sway, and I also tried converting it to other file types with no luck.

• 6. Re: Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash

You might also do a thorough RAM test. I once had very strange issues with my graphics card as well as my hard drives. After spending days to narrow down the problem it turned out that one of my RAM modules was faulty and removing it solved every other issue. So just to make sure you don't spend money for nothing you could test that too.

@Rick: Preview should be set to 100% for accurate tracking results, right?

• 7. Re: Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash
                      Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Klaus_Brandenburg said:

@Rick: Preview should be set to 100% for accurate tracking results, right?

No. Not in my experience. This is one case where comp window resolution has nothing to do with results. I'd be glad to be proven wrong but this is what I've found.

As far as I can tell the analyzing times and the accuracy are not effected by the preview resolution. Just to confirm I loaded a clip that I have that's really shaky iPhone footage(translated = crappy footage to try and track) into AE, set a new comp from the footage, set the Resolution to 1/4 and dropped camera tracker on the clip. Analyze time was 45 seconds and the tack was perfect.

I then loaded the same clip into a new comp, set Magnification to 100% and Resolution to Full. The track points were identical, the track accuracy was identical, and the time required was also 45 seconds.

There is no mention in the help files that you must set the comp resolution to Full for effective camera tracking. I believe that the tracking has nothing to do with the comp settings, only the footage. The only thing that is a must is that the comp must match the footage in every way. I always use the footage I'm going to track to create the comp so there is no question of a match. I also always verify footage interpretation before I do anything else to make sure the footage is interpreted as it is should be.

• 8. Re: Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash

Thanks for clarification. I could have sworn I read this somewhere but maybe I confused it with The Foundrys Cameratracker.

• 9. Re: Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash
                          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> "display driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

That's a rather clear sign that you need to update your drivers and/or swap out your graphics card.

After you've done that, make sure that you also have updated all of you other software, including Adobe applications, your OS, and drivers for other devices.

• 10. Re: Cs6 3d tracker whole computer crash
                            groob1 Level 1

I did a memory test and found that atleast 1 of my 2 4gb sticks are faulty; the ram failed 22 times in 4 1/2 hours of the check running!

Have since ordered 16gbs ram as they don't sell the sticks I have anymore.

Thanks for all the help!