14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 1:12 PM by biglooping RSS

Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits

biglooping

Hi to all,

This the first application that is so unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits system.

The main trouble is that I didn't manage to see in the main player a single text, photo or movie.

I have a dark aera and only if I press the pause button I get a picture of the movie.

Other wise it's only a dark movie.

Can someone help me  for this trouble ?

I give my config in pictures

I want also to describe below that the application is really unstable:

===============================================

To crash the application, I just have to do theses steps:

1) Howto crash 1

Open the application

Select edit mode

Select new project

Add a movie file (can be played under organiser withot trouble)

Double clic the new media, it opens in a small window (a player) 

Now if you resize this player window, it will crash the application.

2) Howto crash 2

Open the application

Select edit mode

Select new project

Select Add a Text or Title

Now when you press the play button from the Text in order to see animation, it will crash the application

Thanks for your comments

Biglooping

trouble.jpg

TuneUp System Information-000089.jpg

TuneUp System Information-000090.jpg

Catalyst Control Center-000096.jpg

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits
          Steve Grisetti CommunityMVP

True, Windows 8 is not quite finished, as an operating system. That will happen, hopefully, when SP1 is released.

You also don't mention what model of camcorder your video is coming from, what format and resolution it is and  if you use Premiere Elements' Add Media tools to get the video from the camcorder to your computer -- but that too can make a difference.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits
            John T Smith CommunityMVP

Also, go to the amd/ati web site and see if there is a driver update for your graphic adapter

It is VERY common to have driver updates, sometimes several times, for a new version of Windows

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits
              whsprague Community Member

I feel biglooping's helpless pain.

Two days ago a Samsung senior executive suggested Windows 8 "is not succesful" and "no better than Vista".  

Here is one of the several articles:  http://www.pcworld.com/article/2030332/as-pc-sales-stall-samsung-exec-has-harsh-words-for- windows-8.html

I feel sorry for Microsoft.  They seem to get focused on duplicating the tricks invented by the competition and forget to focus on what their loyal customers want. 

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits
                biglooping Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help me.

If you look at screen capture, you will see that i use a default video coming from the nice site:

http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/

So you can easily test it with the same source file. 

I use the 1280x720 file in H.264: http://mirror.bigbuckbunny.de/peach/bigbuckbunny_movies/big_buck_bunny_720p_h264.mov

The adobe application premiere element 11 is compatible with this source file.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits

Hi,

I also put a screen capture of AMD driver info.

It is the latest one. It's Catalist 13.1.

AMD Catalyst Display Driver.jpg

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits

To every one who read this discussion.

The Windows 8 is a good OS.  I have for the moment really few troubles with this OS.

I usually play with 3D games such Crysis 2, Max Payne 3, FS X, Dirt 3.  All of them are running very well and ask many CPU and GPU ressources.

Other application, like Adobe Photoshop Element, Office 2007, VLC, Paint.net, Chrome, Windows Media player, Google earth,...  are really stable.

I have only one main trouble with the windows explorer who locks sometimes.

For the moment, it's more Application trouble than OS trouble.

I have crash when I try to see Title animation from the Title Management windows locates in the main windows bottom right.

Thanks

Biglooping

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits

biglooping wrote:

The Windows 8 is a good OS.  I have for the moment really few troubles with this OS.

That may be, but according to the business press in the USA, Win 8 is rapidly turning into a marketing bust.  It will be interesting to watch Microsoft try to make lemonade from their apparent lemon.

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits

Hi,

I can understand that you didn't love windows 8. That's your opinion and it's OK for me.

I just want to find help if someonelse have this black window like showed in the screen capture.

I will now make a ticket to have adobe answers.

Best regards.

Biglooping

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits

I apologize for not being better at writing.  I mean to be friendly.  Perhaps I can do better.

Following here on this user group I sense that most are reluctant to try anything new that they don't have to.  In the USA we have a favorite saying leftover from our Hollywood westerns that says, "The pioneers are the ones with the arrows in their backs!"

So, as a group of users (not Adobe employees), this is one place that there will be few with computers new enough to have included Windows 8 and consider any OS simply as a pipline to what maters to them -- graphics software.

I really am sorry for your frustration, but I'm not sure anyone here can try to help you without going out for a new computer.  I sincerely hope that Adobe or Microsoft can find the conflict for you. 

As a last thought, is there a way to temporarily disable the graphics card and see if the built in to the chip Intel graphics works any better?

Good luck to you!

Best...

Bill Sprague

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits
                            strangerstrangland

Hi

I'm also on Windows 8 and for the past few days my 1/2 hour project has become increasing unstable.  Should I have the IT department install Windows 7 on my computer?  If so, will I lose all my work?  I'm really having probles.

thanks

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits

Hi to all,

Thanks whsprague for your latest comment.

Yes, it's true the Windows 8 OS is new, my computer too, and few people have it today at home for the moment.

I was using Vista 64 bits with Photoshop element 9 and premiere element 9 before upgrading my configuration.

(this OS was working well with my previous computer, but i read many troubles for other PC configuration)

And if I bought the premiere element 11 that's for W8's compatibility.

And I was really surprise by the fact that Premiere is very UNSTABLE on my PC

while the Organizer and the Photoshop Element applications are quite STABLE.

I will make a full backup this week and try to see with adobe support if they can find a explanation for theses annoying crashes.

I will fill this post with new informations as it can help other peoples in similar situation. So keep an eye on this post to see it we have find a solution.

Sorry for "Strangerstrangland" I cannot help you until I didn't have resolved my own trouble. Just try to tchat (IM) with Adobe support team, they can take control of your PC and find a solution.

To be continued ...

Message was edited by: biglooping

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits

Hi every body,

here is two error messages when the applcation crash: but sorry for the text it's in french. Pease use a translator for english

****************************************************************************************** *********

1)  First error:

****************************************************************************************** *********

Nom du journal :Application

Source :       SideBySide

Date :         16/03/2013 19:36:48

ID de l’événement :33

Niveau :       Erreur

Description :

La création du contexte d’activation a échoué pour « C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Plug-ins\Common\SmartSoundAdobePlugin64.prm ». Assembly dépendant Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type=" win32",version="9.0.21022.8" introuvable. Utilisez sxstrace.exe pour un diagnostic détaillé.

XML de l’événement :

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="SideBySide" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49409">33</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-16T18:36:48.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>9923</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>PC-Marc</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"

<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Plug-ins\Common\SmartSoundAdobePlugin64.prm</Data>

****************************************************************************************** *******

Second Error

****************************************************************************************** *******

Description :

Nom de l’application défaillante Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version : 11.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x5041d43d

Nom du module défaillant : atio6axx.dll, version : 6.14.10.12002, horodatage : 0x50d223aa

Code d’exception : 0xc0000005

Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000000aa8506

ID du processus défaillant : 0xa64

Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01ce227535de76c2

Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atio6axx.dll

ID de rapport : 802d41c0-8e68-11e2-bf0e-50465da03e7f

Nom complet du package défaillant :

ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

XML de l’événement :

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-16T18:37:06.000000000Z" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Adobe Premiere Elements.exe</Data>

<Data>11.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>5041d43d</Data>

<Data>atio6axx.dll</Data>

<Data>6.14.10.12002</Data>

<Data>50d223aa</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>0000000000aa8506</Data>

<Data>a64</Data>

<Data>01ce227535de76c2</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atio6axx.dll</Data>

<Data>802d41c0-8e68-11e2-bf0e-50465da03e7f</Data>

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits
                                  the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

In that second error message, the Faulting Module is with your AMD/ATI Catalyst video driver,

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atio6axx.dll

It appears that in the first error message, AMD is mentioned, but I cannot tell if that is for your AMD CPU, or for the AMD/ATI video driver.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements 11 is very unstable with my Windows 8 Pro 64bits

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer. Your are right, read below.

Here is new info and 2 settings that seams to solve the trouble. I say "mean" because I manage to have an edit mode with a video inside and can select diferent titles video without crash. So it's a good step for me to use my application. I will post other comments if I encounters other troubles.

1) I select for application the compatibility mode "Windows 7"

2) I put the graphic setting to "Default"

See the screen captures below.

To be continued ... If I find a better setting or locate the bad option or setting that crash the application.

Setting_Adobe Premiere Elements 11-000116.jpg

AMD_setting_to_default.jpg

And finally the Adobe Element 11 Main window => you can see that the balck screen is filled with my test video.

The_edit_window_works.jpg

Best regards.

Biglooping