4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 12:35 PM by Pattie F

Can't log on to photoshop site.

b.schneider1

I just purchased Elements 11 and downloaded it.  After verifying my email, I attempted to log in to Photoshop; however, received the message "it's no longer possible to create a Photoshop.com account."  Any help greatly appreciated, I just want to use this product.

• 1. Re: Can't log on to photoshop site.
          Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello B.Schneider1

Did you have a Photoshop.com before? Currently the ability to create a new Photoshop.com account is disabled as we are migrating to our new cloud based photo hosting service Adobe Revel.

Please see our FAQ forum "How do I use Revel" http://forums.adobe.com/message/5014947#5014947 as this explains how to use Adobe Revel.

For additional helpful information regarding Revel , please see our main FAQ Forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/ps.com_sharing_and_storage

Let us know if you have any other questions regading Adobe Revel

Thanks

Scott

• 2. Re: Can't log on to photoshop site.
            Pattie F Employee Moderator

Do you have an Adobe ID? Did you try to login using the Adobe ID?  You do realize that Elements 11 will interface with Revel rather than Photoshop.com, right?  Elements 10 interfaced with Photoshop.com but we are making a move from Photoshop.com to Revel going forward. I am not sure what you wish to do with Photoshop.com. If you have files there already, you can archive them to your computer and/or migrate the jpg files to Revel.  Please let us know your goal and we may be able to give more assistance.

Pattie

• 3. Re: Can't log on to photoshop site.
              b.schneider1 Level 1

Hi Pattie and thank you for getting back to me.  I have an Adobe ID and did

try using it.  I have never used photoshop ever..just purchased the Elements

11.  I just want to use photoshop for some of my pictures and can't figure

out how to do it.  I can't log into their website and I can't migrate to

Revel without first logging on to the photoshop site. 

Should I go to a Revel website?  If so, what is it?  It wouldn't let me

migrate to Revel because I don't have a photoshop account yet...because I

can't even set it up.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Beth

• 4. Re: Can't log on to photoshop site.
                Pattie F Employee Moderator

Hi Beth.

I'll to clarify some terminology that might help here also. Photoshop is our professional photo editing software, Photoshop Elements is our consumer photo editing software, and Photoshop.com is the place where we used to offer sharing and storage of your photos. All have the word Photoshop in them and can be confusing.  Photoshop.com's sharing and storage is being migrated to Revel. Old users are given the option to migrate their jpg photos manually or automatically to Revel. New users can just create an account using their Adobe ID (or facebook or google) and begin using Revel with our without Photoshop Elements 11. Photoshop Elements 11 does interface directly with Revel for uploading and downloading files so you can keep the files in both places easily.

If you are new and using Elements 11, then you do not need to worry about Photoshop.com. I assume you don't have any files there from Elements 10 or from downloading them.  You can login to adoberevel.com or download the app on an iphone , mac, or ipad and login with your adobe id.  Then you can interface there from Elements 11.

Pattie

these links might be helpful:

FAQ: File Basics: How do I Upload, Download, Share, Move and Delete files in Revel?

FAQ: Will my Elements 11 software be able to automatically sync and back up files to Revel?