3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 3:18 AM by thedicemaster

not saving work when app switch

edounn

I rated the app in the store and was to explain further regarding my work getting lost.    I've actually up'd the star rating because I think it's not really an Adobe issue.  I think android closes apps when it reaches a certain limit of apps running.  switching apps probably just closes photoshop touch.  I know on HTC it's 7 apps. 

Anyway, if you switch apps with the android app switcher, and use something else and come back, sometimes the app crashes, or just starts over, loosing your work.  An example, switching to see a SMS and right back will close your project sometimes.  Other times it goes back to exactly where it was at.  Again, probably an android mememory thing..   Wondering if maybe you can have background saving to a temp file and reopen that if the app is closed by android.

phone: galaxy note 2

Anyway, thanks for looking into it.  great app guys. 

Maybe a way to import PSD's without adobe cloud? :-D

• 1. Re: not saving work when app switch
          sbrackenrich Level 1

Never, ever, ever trust a program to save your work for you. I learned that several times myself -the hard way- losing data while working on projects.

Always

make

it a habit to obsessively save your a work during progress.

edounn wrote:

I rated the app in the store and was to explain further regarding my work getting lost.    I've actually up'd the star rating because I think it's not really an Adobe issue.  I think android closes apps when it reaches a certain limit of apps running.  switching apps probably just closes photoshop touch.  I know on HTC it's 7 apps. 

Anyway, if you switch apps with the android app switcher, and use something else and come back, sometimes the app crashes, or just starts over, loosing your work.  An example, switching to see a SMS and right back will close your project sometimes.  Other times it goes back to exactly where it was at.  Again, probably an android mememory thing..   Wondering if maybe you can have background saving to a temp file and reopen that if the app is closed by android.

phone: galaxy note 2

Anyway, thanks for looking into it.  great app guys. 

Maybe a way to import PSD's without adobe cloud? :-D

• 2. Re: not saving work when app switch
            mynameis123look

If you are having problem with this smartphone , then you can go for HTC Desire U which have Android Ice Cream Sandwich but Hope you will manage with it.

• 3. Re: not saving work when app switch
              thedicemaster Level 2

that would be a very bad idea.

the note 2 is a much better phone with more RAM, a better cpu, a bigger screen, and a real stylus.