3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2013 3:37 PM by Arrakis

Echo

Arrakis Level 1

I have created a character in illustrator and imported it as comp into AEcs 5.5     So I wanted to use the time>echo effect as it moves across the screen but I cannot seem to get it to work.  It works fine with shapes and text but not with my character.  I have precomposed the character so its not that.  When I look at the character comp it has a border that extends out to the edges  the comp its nested in, woud this have something to do with it?     How do I get the movements to echo?

• 1. Re: Echo
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

If you have a solid-color background that extends out to the composition frame edge, then you're "echoing" the movement of that edge. You need to separate your character onto a different layer than the background and use the Echo effect on just the character.

• 2. Re: Echo
            Arrakis Level 1

My character doesnt have a solid color background, its transparent.  But do you think Im echoing the transparent edge??    How do I separate the character as youve mentioned?

• 3. Re: Echo
              Arrakis Level 1

I resolved this. Layers must be animated first before precomposing and moving attributes. Then add effect.  Seems simple but took me an hour to work out.