11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 9:25 PM by the_wine_snob

Up load to your own website?

Donald Mazer

Is there a way to upload a video to your own website? How?

• 1. Re: Up load to your own website?
          whsprague Level 4

All but a very few use YouTube and Vimeo.  Then they "embed" the video into their websites.  At Vimeo there are some extra cost options that remove or minimize the evidence that the source is Vimeo.  Perhaps YouTube does it too. 

For reference you can compare "Adobe TV" to the Adobe channel on YouTube. 

• 2. Re: Up load to your own website?
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

For uploading to your own website you need a ftp feature in Elements which it does not have.

• 3. Re: Up load to your own website?
              nealeh Level 5

Not directly from within PRE if that is what you are asking. But if your question is generic then yes, a video file is uploaded in the same manner as any other file you upload.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Up load to your own website?
                Donald Mazer Level 1

I am asking is there a way to up load a video from PRE 11 to my website.

• 5. Re: Up load to your own website?
                  whsprague Level 4

Donald,

With all due respect, I answered with by trying to explain that people put their videos on YouTube and Vimeo and then embed them in their personal websites. 

From withing Premier Elements you send your video to Vimeo or YouTube.  Then you "embed" or link to it on your website.

Good luck!

Bill

• 6. Re: Up load to your own website?
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

To output video for your web site, you simply use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD using the preset for YouTube SD. But, of course, since you're working with HTML, as you know you'll need to go to the Advanced settings and create your video frame to the exact size that you'll be using it on your site.

Once you've created this MP4, you can then use FileZilla or whatever FTP software you're using to upload the file along with your HTML.

• 7. Re: Up load to your own website?
                      whsprague Level 4

Steve,

If you have time, can you explain how the playback would work? 

In other words, if I Donald puts an .mp4 file on his website, what would be the play back device?  Other than his viewers downloading and playing on their computer, I don't see how it works. 

I just checked one of you free PrE11 tutorials and there is no evidence the play back uses YouTube or Vimeo.   It is a guess, but are your tutorials .flv files that use the flash player on my computer for playback?

Again, you're a busy guy, and this is just to satisfy my curiosity, so no answer is necessary.  As it relates to this forum, it would explain the purpose of the Share+Publish to Adobe Flash Video options are for.

Thanks.

Bill

• 8. Re: Up load to your own website?
                        Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As with any site that is made up of HTML, clicking on the video will launch the media player in your web browser.

If you've worked with or understand setting up a web site with HTML, that will make sense.

• 9. Re: Up load to your own website?
                          whsprague Level 4

Steve Grisetti wrote:

If you've worked with or understand setting up a web site with HTML, that will make sense.

Thanks.

I've not done that.  It is on my retirement to-do list somewhere below learning PrE, PE and Lightroom!  I would like to help my granddaughters learn and understand how that works.

• 10. Re: Up load to your own website?
                            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you go to the Dreamweaver forum (or just use Google) you should be able to find out how to set up a media player on a website

• 11. Re: Up load to your own website?
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, the embedded video player on the Web site will dictate how one outputs the video for playback.

Some Web sites have built-in (embedded) Flash Players, some use QT and others will use WMV's to be played through WMP.

It all depends on what one has designed into their Web site, and will differ by the embedded player.

Hunt