1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 1:18 AM by Peter Spier

Grep Styles

gfpimentel

How to change this two lines formatted with Bold, regular and italic, and change it to all bold in Grep Style.

I need to do it several times, but how to get the right script in grep to find Bold face at the beginning then a tab

then a regular 11 pts and return plus tab and italic text in parenthesis, see example below:

P. 1.  ¿Cuán cierta y segura será la segunda venida de Cristo? 

(Hebreos 9:28)

• 1. Re: Grep Styles
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Probably not a candidate for a GREP style. GREP styles are used to apply character styles to text matching the Query string. This looks, at least to me, as if you want to apply a paragraph style. You could maybe use a find/change GREP query to do that, but you can't base it on multiple formatting, only the pattern in the text itself.

Right now, if I had to guess, I would say there is a paragraph style applied that uses either a numbered list (can you select the P.1. ?) and a nested style, or two nested styles to make the page number bold and the verse italic. If that's the case, you might be able to just re-define the style.

Do you really want to remove the italics, or make them bold italics? Do all the paragraphs start with P. and a digit or digits and end at the closing parenthesis?