7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 11:17 PM by Tania2473

submit button in form central.

Tania2473

can i choose not to use the form central submit button.  I have added a submit button in adobe before i have uploaded it so the completed form goes directly to a person not onto the form central site. I just need the completed pdf form to come directly to me.

Tania

• 1. Re: submit button in form central.
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can, but why would you then need to use it with FormsCentral? In case you're not aware, you can enable a PDF form in Acrobat so that Reader users can "submit" the entire PDF to you by email.

• 2. Re: submit button in form central.
            Tania2473 Level 1

Great how do i do that.  We are creating the form in Adobe but have found that if we distribute it through form central it works better for apple people using iphones and ipads.  The submit button will work. but if you distribute it through adobe the submit button will not work they have to attache it to an e-mail. 

• 3. Re: submit button in form central.

The procedure for enabling a document in Acrobat depends on which version of Acrobat you have:

Acrobat 9: Advanced > Extend Features in Adobe Reader

Acrobat 10: File > Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Additional Features

Acrobat 11: File > Save as Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools (includes form fill-in & save)

Do not use the "Distribute Form" process, which also enables the form but adds other things so it can be used with Tracker and perhpas submit to Acrobat.com.

The submit button should be configured to submit the entire PDF using a mailto type URL and the users should use Adobe Reader since other PDF viewers may not support this method of submitting. When the button is clicked, it should initiate an email with the filled-in PDF attached. With FormsCentral, you get the form data and not the complete PDF.

• 4. Re: submit button in form central.
                Tania2473 Level 1

We had tried doing all of the above in adobe 9 and only people with full adobe programs could submit forms.  It seems that we have been lock out of sending any more forms to reader people by adobe.  So we have upgraded and brought form central so that we do not get lock out of sending forms to reader only people.  I just need to send it to the form central not to add its submit button as i have already created one in adobe.  I don't want the responses to come to form Central I just want the completed PDF forms to come to my email address so i can forward them onto the right person.

• 5. Re: submit button in form central.

When you say you've been locked out, are you referring to the 500 limit on the number of returned forms that you're allowed to use data from when you distribute an enabled form to more than 500 recipients?

• 6. Re: submit button in form central.
                    Tania2473 Level 1

For the last few years we have created forms in LiveCycle and sent them to parent to complete they would range from booking form to enrolment forms.  At Christmas we tried using the adobe acrobat to create the forms because it had seemed to work better for people with iPhones and ipads.  Then about 2 months later it stopped working for people who had reader versions but still worked with people who had full versions of acrobat.  Tried going back to LiveCycle still no luck.  They kept getting an error that would not allow them to write on the form or submit a form.  So I have upgraded to adobe 11 and got form central.  Seems to work but form central wants to put a submit button on forms that I have already put a submit button.  I just need the full form to go to the person it is told to submit to.

• 7. Re: submit button in form central.
                      Tania2473 Level 1

Is there a limit to how many distributed forms you can send out and collect to adobe reader users in 11?

Re: submit button in form central.

created by George Johnson<http://forums.adobe.com/people/George_Johnson> in FormsCentral - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5146247#5146247