3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2013 5:04 PM by Sham HC

How to download an asset from CQ with all its metadata

Rishidx

Hi All,

I am new to CQ and using CQ5.3 version. I am trying to download assets/pages from CQ using Content Zipper and upload file using Content Loader. Through Content Zipper, When I try to download only one image file from CQ, I am not able to download that particular image. Also If i download the whole node where image resides, then i am not able to finds its metadata.

Am I missing something? Please Help.

Thanks

Rajarshi

• 1. Re: How to download an asset from CQ with all its metadata
          Sham HC Level 7

Hi Rajarshi,

Download from damadmin. Snapshot attached.

Thanks,

ShamImage.png

• 2. Re: How to download an asset from CQ with all its metadata
            Rishidx Level 1

Hi Sham, Thanks for reply. My concern is slightly different.

1) If i do any changes in images in DAM like cropping, CQ creates a new version of it and when I download any image from the link shown in your snapshot, i get the image from current version. But things get change when I do the same using content zipper. It download the image from its oldest version. How come the two modules for download things are different in the same product?

2) Versions that gets created in DAM are not reflected when i check the same from content explorer. Same is for Content Zipper.

Please help.

Thanks

• 3. Re: How to download an asset from CQ with all its metadata
              Sham HC Level 7

Hi Rajarshi,

When you modify (cropping) images cq does not modify original image & instead it stores the meta data of changes. During request to the image  BinaryProviderServlet is called which renders a image by applying the changes you have done.

With download link calls the servlet hence you get the image with all your changes. However the Content Loader/Zipper allows you to export part of the repository & hence you are not seeing the changes.

Thanks,

Sham