1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 9:02 AM by Noel Carboni

Need some help with Photoshop CS6

Anna004

Hello,

I downloaded the trial version with Adobe Download Assistant and installed Photoshop. However, after the installation was finished and I tried to run the program, a message appeared saying that Photoshop CS6 encountered a problem and it needed to close.

Can anyone tell me why can't I run the problem? Is there any way to make it work normally? I don't want to go back to the previous version (CS5) and I really want to work with the program.

• 1. Re: Need some help with Photoshop CS6
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Photoshop CS6 is the most demanding of your system yet (as it should be; this is state-of-the-art graphics software).  So it can uncover instabilities or other problems you may not have seen otherwise.

The most direct method, rather than poking around in the dark, to diagnosing the problem might be to go into your Windows Application Event Log.  The information logged there often gives clues to what specifically has gone wrong.

One big offender is often the display driver.  What video card do you have and what display driver version?

-Noel