2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2007 11:58 AM by ouque

RoboHelp Server 7 Projects Not Displaying

ouque
      After installing a trial version of RoboHelp Server 7 and publishing a WebHelpPro help system to RHS7server, the project does not display in the Project pane of RHS7. Does anyone have any idea why the project does not display in the Project pane?
        • 1. Re: RoboHelp Server 7 Projects Not Displaying
          johndaigle Level 4
          Hi, ouque and welcome to the forum.
          Just to clarify your setup. When you say "Project pane" are you referring to the Configuration Manager on the server itself. Or, are you referring to something you are seeing from the RoboHelp authoring client app's Server Administration pane?

If you have access to the actual server desktop and view the Configuration Manager, sometimes on a new installation, you can do a "refresh" and the project will show up.
          A few more questions:
          Have you tried accessing the website and does the project come up in the web browser?
          On what kind of web server did you install RHS7? Windows 2003, etc.?
          Is Microsoft Indexing Services turned on?
          Apparently you were able to successfully publish your project to the server so there is "communication" between your desktop and the server I gather.

A few more details and we'll try to help.
          Thanx,
          john
          • 2. Re: RoboHelp Server 7 Projects Not Displaying
            ouque Level 1
            Hi John. Thanks for the response. When I said Project Pane I was referring to the Configuration Manager. I tried to refresh, but I just get the "Successfull . . . You are now Ready to Publish..." page but no projects display in the Configuration Manager Project pane. We can access the web sites outside of RHS7 and we can see the projects loaded i the RHS7 directrory structure. We are using Win 2003. I am not sure about MS Indexing Services but I will check. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks