6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 3:00 PM by ivanclaus

Exporting A Still Image

ivanclaus

I have searched everywhere for some advice on this and I haven't found anything which has fixed my problem.

I have an image which I designed in Illustrator, and would like to use just that one image for my video along with a music track.

Maybe I am exporting the image wrong from Illustrator, however I have tried to use HD wallpapers instead and the quality of the image is always degraded in the exported no matter what settings I try.

Any tips?

• 1. Re: Exporting A Still Image
          shooternz Level 6

Not much to go on here!

Maybe tell us what type of image you tried as well as your sequence setting and your export settings.?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Exporting A Still Image
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

JPG that is  not CMYK (CYMK?) http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1081681 and sized as appropriate for DVD or BluRay should work

Then, you just set the duration of the picture to the desired lenght of your video, in frames (ie-30 frames of video at 30FPS is one second of video)

• 3. Re: Exporting A Still Image
              ivanclaus Level 1

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me and help me out.

I have exported from Illustrator in both PNG and JPEG formats.

These are my Sequence Settings:

sequence settings.png

The way I have tired to export in a H.264 format at 1080p.

I have kept most of the settings as they are in the HD 1080p 23.976 preset. However what I have changed is I have increased the bitrate encoding to VBR, 2 Pass and bumped up the Target bitrate and Maximum Bitrate. The last thing I changed was I selected Maximum render quality.

I am sorry if I am asking stupid questions, however I have only just got involved with video and started to feel helpless so thanks for taking the time to help me.

• 4. Re: Exporting A Still Image
                ivanclaus Level 1

My files have been exported in RGB and the problem that I am experiencing is that the quality of the picture is becoming more pixelated as I export the video.

Would a CMYK format affect this, as I would have thought that the only issue you would experience were colour issues.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Exporting A Still Image
                  SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Your SEQUENCE is your problem - it is set to DV, which is standard definition. So no matter how large and glorious your image coming from Illustrator is, it is being sized down to SD video, then you are exporting as HD so it is getting blown up again! Create an HD sequence, such as 1080p, and you should have better results. You are running the image through a bottleneck in essence.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

• 6. Re: Exporting A Still Image
                    ivanclaus Level 1

I love you! Thanks for helping me man. It's been tad embaressing for me asking this question, and it's clearly something I should have researched more into, however I just didn't know where to look and all I need is a picture video.

This forums great