2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 3:01 PM by TVPRICH RSS

How do I see new Sequence "automated" Settings? CS6

TVPRICH Community Member

1. I'm importing from (Canon XF305) using Compact Flash Chips.

2. I create a project and try to choose a preset sequence to match my camera.

- In this case I assume that I should be choosing "Canon XF mpeg2", since that's the closest to my rig.

3. When I import the clip into a bin and then try and put onto timeline I get a temporary ERROR...

- "...Your clips do not match the sequence setting, Would you like to change Timeline to match the clips?"

4. of course I say, YES, and after a moment, everything is good.

5. How do I know exactly what the New automated sequence settings are for the timeline?

6. I need to know so that next time I can choose the right PRESET Correctly?

7. p.s. When I choose to view, "Sequence Settings" it only tells me "Custom" editing mode, frame size & aspect ratio, but not the PRESET title?

• 1. Re: How do I see new Sequence "automated" Settings? CS6
          John T Smith MVP

Please NOTE that the PPro CS6 screen may look a bit different (I use CS5)

For CS5 and later, the easy way to insure that your video and your project match

See 2nd post for picture of NEW ITEM process http://forums.adobe.com/thread/872666

-and a FAQ on sequence setting http://forums.adobe.com/message/3804341

• 2. Re: How do I see new Sequence "automated" Settings? CS6
            TVPRICH Community Member

Hi John.

I'm aware of both methods you mentioned (above), and/but this does not answer my original question.   I'll try and explain here:

When i insert my footage to the timeline, CS6 creates a "Custom" sequence setting that I don't recognise. It's not listed in any of the 'Presets", nor does the "Sequence Settings" have any more 'info" as to what it's custom setting are closest to (regarding to all of the known presets). 

One would naturally deduce that by choosing the "Canon XF" preset settings listed in the choices, that my footage shot on a Canon XF 305, would naturally fit on that timeline without further conversions or questions by the program whatsoever. CS6 recognizes my fottage as being from some other type of unknown source, and I simply want to know, what exact sorce CS6 thinks I'm importing? 

On this note (might have been the answer.... but not to be so), when I right click on my (supposed CS6 converted) Timeline Footage from my Canon XF305 Video Camera, and I click on "Properties", my footage is listed as "XDcam-HD Movies". Why? 

Just to top this off when I creat a new sequence and chose the Preset, "XDcam-HD Movies", CS6 still doesn't think it's just that and wants to create a new custom setting? well, obviouse you say, because it's not XDcam footage, it's Canon XF Footage, but when I once again check my timeline's footage's Properties, it once again thinks it's, "XDcam-HD Movies".  Frustrating!