7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2013 12:54 PM by MajorIssues

Topics created with a linked Word doc do not update when I edit the .css file

MajorIssues

Hi, all:

I admit first of all that my source document is far from pristine, has many styles from many authors and came from many source documents. I also admit that despite using RH since 1995, linking documents didn't come easily to me...now that I am seemingly over that hurdle, new challenges await...

In my WebHelp project I have a master page pointed at my modified .css, which is in a subfolder with my linked topics.

I have assigned H1, H2 and H3 headings as Tahoma 18 pt. and have defined  my"normal" as Tahoma 12 pt. Normal looks like Tahoma 12 pt in the Styles and Formatting pod when the selected topic has the .css assigned to it.

I have run several tests:

Test I: Topics with no master page and no .css selected in the Appearance tab.

Result: All Times New Roman for both Header and Normal (expected)

Test II: Topics with no master page but with same modified .css selected in the Appearance tab.

Result: Tahoma 18 pt Header (expected), but Times New Roman for Normal (not expected)

Test III: Topics with master page but no .css selected in the Appearance tab.

Result: All Times New Roman for both Header and Normal (not expected)

Test IV: Topics with master file and with same modified .css selected in the Appearance tab.

Result: Tahoma 18 pt Header (expected), but Times New Roman for Normal (not expected)

I have many other crazy styles that came in when I linked the document, but if I could just understand why "normal" doesn't display the font I edited in my .css file, then I think I can connect the dots for the rest.

Thanks and regards,

Tracy