13 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2013 11:58 AM by Lovegasoline

Can't Do a Fresh Install of Pshop From the CS2 CDs: Pshop App Install Option is 'Grayed Out'

Lovegasoline

I  have CS2 Premium which I'm running on an older PowerPC Mac (G5  -  Dual 2.3 GHz ) running OS 10.4.11. I've had this setup for many many years (registered/activated with Adobe) but suddenly one day I could no longer launch my Photoshop app: when I clicked on the Pshop icon it would start the launch (open) procedure ...  and then almost instantly it would quit (in just a few seconds ... before the application even got to the 'title/credit' screen).

I've recently tried uninstalling CS2 (everything except Acrobat) and I ended up doing a manual uninstall of Version Cue. I've been on Macs for 20+ years so figured this would be a pretty straightforward procedure - uninstall -> reinstall and then back to work.  Nope.

I'm attempting a fresh installation direct from the original CS2 CDs. In any event, when I try to (re)install CS2 - and after going through the standard screens with Adobe's usage terms agreement and installation hard disk selection -  I arrive at the screen where one selects which application(s) to install by checking the various boxes (or alternately, to install the entire suite) but the 'Adobe Photoshop CS2/Adobe ImageReady CS2' line and checkbox are grayed out, so it will not allow me to check them and continue with the Photoshop installation process. Gah!!!

I've been struggling with this for hours .... with no progress.

Any ideas on what I need to do to enable Photoshop to be installed again?

Thanks a bunch,

-Lovegasoline

PS to Administration: I've been a forum member for about 6-7(?) years, but the site isn't accepting my user ID/password. I filled out the form to have my user ID sent to my email address, but it never arrived. I don't know what's up, but I had to re-register - I used my old user ID - in order to make this post.