• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player install problems

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have repeatedly downloaded lastest version of Flash Player, each time getting a successful download message.  But each time I try to play video, I get a message that I need to download Flash.  My computer meets all the requirements for Flash Player 11.  What's wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and browser are you using?  When you visit this page:

Flash Player Version

What version of Flash Player is reported as being installed?  Can you play either of these videos?

Finally, can you provide us with a URL to a video that is not working for you?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we visit Flash Player Version, the window to showing the version is blank as is the earlier test video window.

We use the following:

OS Windows Vista Home Basic.

Browser Internet Explorer, MSN

We can play both videos you provided, as well as anything on youtube. 

Following are URL's to videos that are not working.  In every case, a message appears that need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. After installing, same thing happens.

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=2&from=en-us_msnhp&form=msnrll&gt1=42010#/video/e2f06b38-fb1c-...

http://www.kcrw.com/media-player/mediaPlayer2.html?type=live&id=kcrwlive

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-march-11-2013/on-topic---indecision-2004

Also, can't see video on The Weather Channel App.  In every case, a message appears that need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.  After installing, same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started having virtually the same problem, except I don't get any "you need to install" messages - just doesnt work! The two videos Chris provided both play but the first only has sound - no picture.

I'm on Win. 7, IE9 - all fully patched. Have tried several versions of IE and upgraded, then uninstalled/reinstalled  Flash. No luck. Installs fine but the window that's supposed to confirm the player is working is totally black and spins as if loading something for a long time before it just stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Are you still working on this or is this the end of the road?  I see from other posts such as that from Don U below, this problem or something similar is being experienced by many users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alanzimmerman - Can you go through these two FAQs and verify that everything checks out on your system?

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

@Don U - I'd try two things to start.  First, please make sure that you are using the latest video drivers available from your gpu manufacturer (Nvidia, ATI, or Intel).  If you still encounter this issue after updating your driver, please check to see if you have the following Windows update installed.

KB2670838 – Platform Update for Windows 7 x64

If so, please uninstall it and try Flash Player out again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have a lot of time to check the video drivers but I uninstalled

the Windows update you listed and my problem is gone!

I will update the drivers and try reinstalling the update when I have some

time.

Thx.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris - thanks so much.  It's working now that we enabled FP.  Any ideas about how that became disabled?

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines