• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does dobe Flash Player have troubles with Firefox and not IE?

Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an Auto update for both Firefox and Adobe (I have now disabled all of the autos I could find for everything!!) and after that whenever I shut down my computer Adobe Flash stops working, checked to see if it was installed on Adobes find your version page and nothing was their. Everyday when I start my computer I must go to unistall programs and uninstall Adobe Flash than reinstall it and everything is fine untill I shut down the computer. I called Mozilla and they want to do a Remote connection and a one time SERVICE FEE to correct the trouble, I am a sceptic, do they put a bug in one of their updates so that one day you pay? Or is the problem Adobes?? No the problem is mine and I guess I will use IE, but I got alot of stuff saved in Firefox and would like to know how to fix it or why it happened. Windows 7 64bit, Flash 11.6.602.180, Firefox 19.0.2 Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically we see this problem with IE, not Firefox.  A few questions for you:

After you restart your computer, how are you determining that Flash Player is no longer working?  Do you have a specific URL that you find is claiming Flash Player is no longer installed?  Is Flash Player hanging/crashing?  After restarting, what files do you have in your C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macrmed\Flash folder?  Finally, can you paste the contents of the page that is displayed when you navigate to "about:plugins" in Firefox's address bar after restarting?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first run in the the trouble I clicked on the firefox icon and my home page opened but the icons for google and yahoo never stoped spinning, I could not close firefox by the red X, I had to initiate task manager and close it that way. This all happened after a auto update, for the last 3 years all has been great. I ran the check my version and came up with not installed, I learned to go to my control panel and choose uninstal programs, I looked to see what was installed, the red icon for adobe reader was fine, the red icon for flash changed from red  to a white square icon I now it will not work, that Firefox will lock up untill I uninstall than reinstall, after that the icon is red and it works.

Flash.pngAddons.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your screenshot I see that your have the 11.6.602.171 plugin for Firefox, and it's disabled.

Download and run the latest version from download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe and make sure it's enabled in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat, that is correct I disabled it when I went to the "Add Ons" to take a picture to send to Chris, I found Flash was in a yellow orange and said something like Vulnerable, not working, download latest version NOW! your computer is at risk, if you cannot download latest version than disable now. Their was a link to Adobes site to download Flash 11.6.602.180 however when I got there the parts in the middle of the page was not visable, meaning the center of the page has stuff about google chrome and beneath that is the download button, not on firefox, I had a blank page. I could do nothing. I went to IE and downloaded the latest version without incident. I tried something different today when I started up my computer. As normal I had to uninstall adobe than reinstall using IE. I checked firefox and it was not their so I uninstalled firefox and before reinstalling firefox I decided to restart my computer to see if adobe would be in the disabled state or not. It was not working so I guess I need to apolgize to firefox a bit. So now I need to know why when ever I restart my computer why does Adobe take a hike?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the screenshots.  Make sure you install this version to get the latest version compatible for Firefox (also linked in Pat's post):

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

I'm still not sure how restarting is making any difference for you.  After you install the version linked above, go to your plugins page again and verify that 11.6.602.180 is the version installed.  Once verified, restart your computer.  Now what does the plugins page say?  Does Flash Player work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I can't answer that last question- what does the add-ons screen show after shutting down and restarting my computer. I cannot access Firefox, when I restart and click on the firefox icon the page loads and that is all it does. I have the tiny circle swirling from my mouse that indicates that something is loading but never stops swirling, gets locked in that mode. I have tried to click on firefox menu in top left corner but nothing happens, nothing happens no matter where I click. I have to go to my computer and select uninstall programs, once that opens I see adobe active x and flash both in the white icon. adobe reader is in the red icon. I know the white means it aint gonna work so i delete it (both) than reinstall it. After I delete it I can open firefox and access stuff, can't open a video until I download flash again

GM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else I would like to add. So when I restart and go thru the delete process, I can open firefox and check addons, no flash is shown their (I deleted it) when I start the install Adobe, it states that I need to close the conflicting program than adobe will proceed with the download, so I close the program and it downloads. Its already telling me their is a conflict right? I open each browser separate to load flash for firefox(Shockwave flash 11.6.602.180) or active x for IE.

GM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, please try the following:

1. reset your Firefox profile if you haven't already done so - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

2. Give our latest 11.7 beta release a try - 4/2/2013 - Flash Player 11.7.700.170 Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions Chris. I again did a Firefox reset, downloaded both the beta uninstaller and installer then ran both. Did not help, after installing and confirming version I shut down my laptop then restarted it and found at the Adobe programs the white colored icon instead of red one for flash, reader and air were still red just as it has been for a couple of months

Thanks,

GM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think at this point you might be best off posting on the Mozilla forums to see if they have any suggestions.  We've gone through all of the usual suspects that I'm aware of.

http://www.mozilla.org/about/forums/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines