1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 15, 2013 5:59 AM by Peter Spier

Facing pages settings

loulou1980

Hi I hope someone can help. When I set a document with facing pages in Indesign CS6 it sets the pages the wrong way round so they ready from right to left. It seems to be a default setting somewhere and I can't find how to change it.  It effects the artwork I PDF as single pages as it puts them in the wrong order. I also find that my spell check is default set to Hebrew and the type option is default set to type right to left? I have re-installed CS6 and its still the same?.. same problem with Illustrator and Photoshop with regards the default type setting. Many thanks

• 1. Re: Facing pages settings
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Sounds like perhaps you have the Middle East/North Africa edition installed? There are prefs settings (I think) for defaults, and I'm quyite sure you can set page direction inthe document setup dialog, but I've never used that version.

Default language is set in the Basic Paragraph style and as a character attribute (there's a language dropdown in the character and control panels). Set that with no file open to make a new default for new files, set with no acitve text cursor or selection in exisiting files to change the default, but any existing text needs to be reset.