2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2013 7:50 AM by Botev Plovdiv

I can't delete, move or create new pages.

Botev Plovdiv

Hello,

I have catalogue (390 pages)

Today i cant delete, move or create new pages.

When i delete, move or create new pages - my Indesign CS5.5 program "freezes"

Only with CTR: + ALT + SHIFT i can stopped my program.

Аfter reopening everything was as before!

I try to export like a  *.idml file, but my program crashes! Every time!

My OS is: Windows 7

Indesign CS5.5

Please help me

Thank you!

With kind regards,

Botev Plovdiv

• 1. Re: I can't delete, move or create new pages.
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Is there anything at all related to this freeze in the Windows Event Viewer?

Are you able to add, remove, or move pages in a new document? Are you able to export a new document to .idml?

It sounds like there may be a corrupt bit of text, or an image in the file. It may be possible to isolate a page, and then an object, using "Divide and Conquer."

Start with a copy of the file, for safety. Try to export the front half and the back half separately. If either half crashes, divide it in half aand try to export those halves. Repeat the process until you have isolated a page that crashes. Now remove half the objects from that page and try to export. If it works, put those back and remove the other half and try again. Repeat as above until you isolate an object.

• 2. Re: I can't delete, move or create new pages.
            Botev Plovdiv Level 1

Is there anything at all related to this freeze in the Windows Event Viewer?

Are you able to add, remove, or move pages in a new document? Are you able to export a new document to .idml?

Yes, it is able!

It sounds like there may be a corrupt bit of text, or an image in the file. It may be possible to isolate a page, and then an object, using "Divide and Conquer."

Start with a copy of the file, for safety. Try to export the front half and the back half separately. If either half crashes, divide it in half aand try to export those halves. Repeat the process until you have isolated a page that crashes. Now remove half the objects from that page and try to export. If it works, put those back and remove the other half and try again. Repeat as above until you isolate an object.

Thank you, I will try!

After that i will back to you with my comments!

Thank you again, Peter!