4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2013 12:09 AM by step jan

"the operation was cancelled"

step jan

I have to save my draft but it allways shows "the operation was cancelled", it is important to me to save it because I soon want to upgrade my account to use it for a survey I need for my study.

Kind regards

Jan

• 1. Re: "the operation was cancelled"
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi Jan, let me see if I can help. Can you give me some details first? What web browser and operating system are you using?  What are the steps you are using to "Save"? 

When authoring/editing a form online the forms "auto-save" and you should not have to do anything to save your form while working online. 

Thanks,

Josh

PS - Without knowing more about what is going on, you can try another web browser, if you sign in in another browser you should be able to copy and paste your form fields into the form in the new browser window and save there.

• 2. Re: "the operation was cancelled"
            step jan Level 1

Hi Josh,

I am using Firefox and Windows 7. I know about the auto save but I am

afraid to close my document and lose all my work. I will try your advice

with an other explorer (windows explorer) tomorrow, because I am in

China and it is already very late here.

Thanks a lot and I hope you can solve my problem

Cheers

Jan

• 3. Re: "the operation was cancelled"
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Can you check the version of Flash Player?  You can go here to check: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

I understand not wanting to close your document - you can try "File - Export Design File" to save a local copy of the form you could upload later to recover it, but if your changes haven't saved properly then that might not have all of your work.   The problem you might find trying a new browser is that in your free account you are only allowed one form and you have already started that one form.  You could create a new free account in the other web browser and then copy and paste the fields from your form in Firefox into the new form in the other browser/account to ensure you do not lose that information...

You are trying "File - Save" or Ctrl+S to save and seeing the error?

Hope to get you working again soon.

Thanks,

Johs

• 4. Re: "the operation was cancelled"
                step jan Level 1

Hello Johs,

I saved it with "File - Save" and I also had to shut down my Laptop,

because I spilled Coke over it. Luckily everything is alright and the

document was also saved.

Now I continued working on it, but somehow I can not save it manual. I

hope the automatic save function is working.

Thanks for your help so far.

Kind regards

Jan