Flash Player Beta Channel Update
The weekly Flash Player Beta update, 11.7.700.141, is now available for direct download and automatic installation via Background Update.
To improve Flash Player security, we are making changes in Flash Player 11.7 that could introduce backward compatibility issues in certain cases. We encourage you to test all of your content in different browsers and verify that your content works as expected. We look forward to getting your feedback and input.
The latest version of the Flash Player Beta is available here: http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta
For full details on our new features please see our Release Notes.
- Sandboxing Enhancements
This feature adds enhancements to the existing sandbox feature by better addressing application launches in protected mode
Notable Fixes and Enhancements:
- 3517560 - Chrome Pepper for Windows - Addresses stability issue for HTTP Live Streaming Content
- 3519465 - Chrome Pepper for Mac - Closed Captions Now Display Correctly on HTTP Live Streaming Content
- 3517456 - HTTP Live Streaming - Seeking when playing a separate audio-only stream on an alternate rendition playlist now works correctly
- 3517627 - Chrome Pepper - Closed Caption on HTTP Live Streams now work correctly
- 3514875 - HTTP Live Streaming - HOLD Events for Ad Insertion not work correctly
- 3507762 - Chrome Pepper for Windows - Hardware Decoding is now supported for Flash Access content
- 3518662 - Chrome Pepper - Fixes Stability Issues related to Closed Captioning in HTTP Live Streams
- 3517496 - Internet Explorer - Corrects Video Noise problem on video content at www.nbc.com
- 3509083 - Chrome Pepper on Mac - HTTP Live Streams now display correctly
- 3518281 - WinXP - Corrects installation error "FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe entry point not found in ADVAPI32.dll"
- 3466309 - Chrome Pepper on Windows - Audio is delayed when subscribed to an Enhanced Audio Stream while also Publishing
- 3504800 - Microphone stops dispatching SampleDataEvents after repeated use
- 3500511 - Addresses a performance problem with HTTP Live Streaming on Windows 7 that was causing audio/video sync and high CPU usage problems
- 3506958 - Chrome Pepper for Mac - Corrects an issue where text input fields appeared garbled with the incorrect text or font in some content
- 3514483 - HTTP Live Streaming - The font and background colors on closed captioned content now display correctly
- 3512371 - Windows XP - Corrects an issue where Error 3338 was erroneously displayed when playing Output Protected Flash Access content in Repeat mode
- 3512723 - Chrome Pepper for Mac - Adobe Connect Add-In now correctly launches
- 3505264 - Windows 8, Internet Explorer 10, HotSpot Shield Toolbar 220.127.116.11 - Video does not play in normal screen mode when launched from the Play Video gadget available in the toolbar
- Protected video streams may fail to play
- There is a minor, generalized risk that new security enhancements targeted to Firefox on Windows may cause compatibility issues with existing content. We'd encourage Flash developers using the beta to review existing content for new issues.
About the Beta Channel
Beta Versions of Flash Player are now available for automatic installation via our Background Update service. Please subscribe to automatically install or receive update availability notifications at runtime.
If you would like real-time notification for announcements related to the Flash Player Beta Channel, please subscribe to our Twitter feed @FlashPlayerBeta, or follow the Flash Runtime Announcements forums by choosing "Follow this forum" from the right-hand menu on the Forums page.
You can find instructions for getting started with this release here: Flash Player 11.7 Labs Page
We encourage you to let us know what you think over on our 11.7 Labs forums