3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 5:20 AM by Christian 0404 RSS

Illustrator stop answering and quiting when trying to save

Christian 0404

My illustrator CS6, for a reason i'm not able to locate, is not able to save files in an ai format. It stops answering and then finally quit.

It seems to happen when the file is containing other formates like jpeg, dwg, pdf, png etc. when i'm only drawing in illustrator it is able to save.

I have twice rebooted my system after trying every suggestions i could find online, like updating etc. It seems to fix the issue for a time, but then after some time it just stops functioning, I consider it a very bad solution to periodically reboot my system.

One clue i have is that it might be a conflict with the microsoft visual C++, because the error seems to appear after using comuter games which installs microsoft visual C++. But reinstalling either Illustrator ot microsft visual C++ don't solve the problem.

Finally it might be a problem with windows 7, but i can't see a way to fix it and it's works fine when my system is freshly rebooted.

Hope someone can give me a clue as how to solve this problem, because it's very frustrating.

Best Regards Christian.

• 1. Re: Illustrator stop answering and quiting when trying to save
          Mylenium ACP/MVPs

We cannot know. Your info is too vague. Provide exact system info and crash details:

Working with your Operating System’s Tools

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Illustrator stop answering and quiting when trying to save
            Christian 0404 Community Member

Sorry for being vague, I was a bit frustrated myself with the lack of information from windows. But using your link I have found this information:

OS-navn     Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version     6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Anden OS-beskrivelse      Ikke tilgængelig

OS-producent     Microsoft Corporation

Systemnavn     ------------------

Systemproducent     Acer

Systemmodel     Aspire V3-571G

Systemtype     x64-based PC

Processor     Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Kerne(r), 8 Logisk(e) processor(er)

BIOS-version/dato     Acer V1.07, 11-05-2012

SMBIOS-version     2.7

Windows-mappe     C:\Windows

System-mappe     C:\Windows\system32

Startenhed     \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Landestandard     Danmark

Abstraktionslag for hardware     Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

Brugernavn     ------------------------

Tidszone     Rom, normaltid

Installeret fysisk hukommelse (RAM)     8,00 GB

Fysisk hukommelse i alt     7,84 GB

Tilgængelig fysisk hukommelse     5,15 GB

Virtuel hukommelse i alt     15,7 GB

Tilgængelig virtuel hukommelse     12,5 GB

Plads til sidefil     7,84 GB

Sidefil     C:\pagefile.sys

Navn på program med fejl: Illustrator.exe, version: 16.0.0.682, tidsstempel: 0x4f6e45b7

Navn på modul med fejl: AGM.dll, version: 4.26.20.19822, tidsstempel: 0x4f5692e1

Undtagelseskode: 0xc0000005

Forskydning med fejl 0x00000000002b05d2

Proces-id 0x1bb8

Programmets starttidspunkt 0x01ce21dc775c6d3b

Programsti: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 Bit)\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe

Modulsti: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 Bit)\Support Files\Contents\Windows\AGM.dll

Rapport-id: d277a417-8dcf-11e2-ae00-b888e3096996

It's in danish, but the problem seems to be the AGM.dll file

• 3. Re: Illustrator stop answering and quiting when trying to save
              Christian 0404 Community Member

Seems I fixed the problem. I'm not sure how though. I reinstalled and updated, have done that before without effect, but maybe this time it worked. Other than that i removed som network printers and their drivers, that I installed on the school, as the time it stopped functioning and the times i have installed them seemed to be related. Maybe these drivers were affecting the AGM.dll file.

But Thank you for your response Mylenium, gave me some more information about what the issue could be.