Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running .exe flash file in Windows 7

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we have a flash .exe file generated from adobe_captivate5.5.I tried to run that file in windows 7.This error is coming

flash1.png

My account has administrative previlege.If i right click and select run as administrator it runs fine.But i need to run without doing that.Why its asking for run as administrator although i have administartor permission?how to avoid this?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because of Windows 7 security settings.

If you simply want to click the icon without having to use right mouse button and selecting Run as Administrator, you can set the file to execute with admin privileges by default.

1) Right click the icon, select Properties

2) Switch to Compatibility tab

3) At the bottom there is a "Run as administrator" checkbox, check it.

Optional - 4) If you have multiple users using this PC and this file, you have to use the button below this option to set it for all users.

This way, you will only need to click the icon and then press Yes in the User Account Control pop-up.

Even if you are an administrator, you still have to confirm the UAC pop-up every time you run something that requires administrative privileges, that's the default Windows 7 setting. If you want to get rid of the pop-up "Yes / No" window of UAC, you would have to disable it completely.

! I do not recommend doing this for regular users !

1) Go to Start -> Control Panels -> Action Center (a blue flag icon)

2) Select "Change User Account Control settings"

3) Move the slider all the way down to "Never notify" and press OK.

Then then UAC pop-up will never show again if you launch anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exe file will be used by client side. It is not possible to do those settings in all client pc.And all other applications running good without problem.Why is Captivate exe file is different than others?i Think problem is with exe file only.Is there any other way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Realpsojed,

I turned off UAC and it definately solved the problem described above, however I am running into another error message that is very specific to open a standard user account.

http://forums.adobe.com/post!input.jspa?container=2168&containerType=14

take a look at my post above and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines