1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 16, 2013 10:46 AM by the_wine_snob

narration help Elements 11

benacolada

My clip records fine, but won't play in the narration line. I can drag it to the audio 2 line or soundtrack line and it plays. Just not in the narration line. The narration line has worked in a previous project. I checked the audio mixer and it is not muted. I have no idea what to try next, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: narration help Elements 11
          the_wine_snob Level 9

From time to time, different Projects can exhibit issues with the two Fixed Audio Tracks (Narration and Soundtrack). This seems to be an intermittent problem, and has been around for several versions. It also appears to be restricted to just certain Projects. When that Bug manifests itself, the "fix" is to do just as you have done - Move the narration to a blank, "regular" Audio Track.

We have been unable to isolate exactly what happens with a Project, to trigger this Bug, and as it is intermittent, and seems to be Project-specific, it's tough to find the exact cause, but at least we have a workaround - the one that you have employed.

Good luck, and there is nothing lost by having the narration on one of the other Audio Tracks.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful