7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 8:17 PM by Turambar304

Help with Flash Player problems...

Turambar304

I did a Windows update a couple of days ago and it upgraded me to IE 10. Now I cannot view any videos on youtube or yahoo. I have all my drivers up to date and the latest flash player. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. When I go to youtube, the video screen stays black and says "movie not loaded", but rarely it will play for 3-6 secs then restart, then stop at the 3-6 sec mark again. I have done all it says in the FAQ section in regards to having the add-ons enabled. I tried to just do a system restore to go back to normal, but for some reason there was only one restore point and it was after the update (which has caused nothing but headaches). Since the update I have had the above mentioned problems as well as I cannot get my Steam Client to connect at all, but thats another issue I'm sure. I've tried all I could think of as well as anything from the support sites. If anyone can offer any insite to this frustrating problem I would be very thankful. Otherwise I'm going to go all drastic and do a system reboot from disc, cause I only really use my computer for gaming and entertainment, both of which have been disabled from this last update. Also, I'm not sure whether this is relevant or not, but a lot of pages I've been visiting are all messed up with what looks like lines of code and web links all stacked up and all over the screen and I have to click the little broken page button on the address bar. All fun stuff. Thanks for any info I can get. I'll check back frequently to see any answers.

• 1. Re: Help with Flash Player problems...
          pwillener Level 8

What is your Flash Player version?

Regarding the "messed up" web pages, I suggest that you clear your browser cache, and run IE10 in compatibility mode.

• 2. Re: Help with Flash Player problems...
            Turambar304 Level 1

I am running the 11.6 version. I tried re-installing several times and following all the tips on the forums at adobe. I also rolled back internet explorer to IE 9 hoping to just go back to normal but it did not help either. I have all my drivers up to date as far as I know and had no problems untill windows did its auto update. I checked the add-ons and did all it said to do as far as the faqs went. If I right click on the video box is says movie not loaded and the flash player version underneath. At one point, maybe when I was still on IE 10, I could turn on the ActiveX filtering and the videos would kinda play for a second then cut out, and if I went back to having the ActiveX off it would go back to the movies not loaded. I just dont know why its still doing it even though I rolled IE back to IE 9....Thanks for the help tho. I'm not throwing a fit or anything just want you to have all the info I can give to make it as easy as possible.

• 3. Re: Help with Flash Player problems...
              chris.campbell Adobe Employee

Please check to see if you have the following Windows update installed.

KB2670838 – Platform Update for Windows 7 x64

If so, please uninstall it and try Flash Player out again.

• 4. Re: Help with Flash Player problems...
                Turambar304 Level 1

I removed the KB2670838 update and it did not work. Now I cant even see the little pics of videos on youtube and before I could they just would not load to play when clicked on.  But still no movies loading....

• 5. Re: Help with Flash Player problems...
                  Turambar304 Level 1

I have also done a reset of IE 9 but it did nothing but make me re-enter all passwords and stuff lol...at this point I am at a complete loss...have done everything microsoft support and flash support I could find and nothing has changed...

• 6. Re: Help with Flash Player problems...
                    mystical pippin Level 1

Just an FYI

Windows 7 doesn't seem to create Restore Points on a daily basis which it should. A good practise to get into the habit of doing is prior to installing ANY software on your machine is to create a restore point manually. If everything is successful I usually then create another one. I  name them Before (software name here) Install and After install.

• 7. Re: Help with Flash Player problems...
                      Turambar304 Level 1

Yeah, thats not cool. I am going to start making them myself now for sure, cause that could have saved me soooo much headache. Thankfully someone on microsofts support forum talked me through some steps to get somewhat back to normal. Now I am just trying to figure out what happened with my wireless adapter that is keeping steam from launching and effecting nothing else. Steam will work if I connect straight to the modem with a cable, but not through the wireless. But being connected directly is not really an option for me, but Thanks for all the help everyone! If needed I can post a link to the other forum that actually got me working if anyone needs it, just let me know.