28 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2013 4:41 PM by the_wine_snob

Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10

Vendben1 Level 1

On a previous version of Elements, there was a Title page available that had a light green swirl on a blue background.  On version 10, I cannot find this Title page.  Has it been removed?  If not, where can I find this Title page?

• 1. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Does the template have a name or can you post a picture of it?

If it's the Acquarium template, it's still there. There's also Fun Credits.

• 2. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
            Vendben1 Level 1

Steve,

Here is an example of the template that I am referring to.  I cannot find it in Ver. 10.  Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

• 3. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
              the_wine_snob Level 9

It does not appear that your Image attached to the Reply.

If it's a JPEG, or a PNG, just use the little "camera" icon, navigate to that file on your computer, and attach it.

If it's the original PSD (the Photoshop format that all Menus use), or other format, like PRTL, they will not attach, as one would want. Depending on the format, then one might need to convert that format to PNG, or JPEG.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, what is the genre, i.e. Entertainment, and what is the name of that Title?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                  Vendben1 Level 1

I converted the picture from a .bmp to a .jpg.  Hopefully you received it this time.

If I recall correctly, the template was found under “general”.  I do not recall a name associated with it.

• 6. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Is this the one that you are looking for?

Space_Travel_01.jpg

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                      Vendben1 Level 1

No, this is not the background I am looking for.  I sent another picture to you as a .jpg and I am hoping that you have received it.

• 8. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

It did not attach either.

Are you responding to the Forum via an e-mail client? If so, most cannot attach an Image, even with the little "camera" icon. The workaround is to access the Forum via a Web browser, and you should have no issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Here are the ones that Steve mentioned. One is a full Frame Title, and the other is its Lower-third Title:

Aquarium_01_A.jpg

Aquarium_01_B.jpg

Those are Aquarium, in the General genre.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                            Vendben1 Level 1

I looked at each picture and neither of them match the template that I used previously. I was using e-mail for my previous replies, but I am using the thread this time an hopefully the template picture will go through.Title Template.jpg

• 11. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                              Vendben1 Level 1

Can you let me know if the picture of the Template made it through?

• 12. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, that Image attached perfectly. I looked in two different versions of PrE, 4.0 & 11, and did not see that one. Do you recall the name and genre?

It might have been specific to only a few versions of the program? Sometimes, Adobe removes, and/or adds others in the Additional Functional Content material.

Thanks and good luck,

Hunt

• 13. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                  Vendben1 Level 1

I believe that the template was in Ver. 8.  As far as the category is concerned, I am pretty sure it was under 'General'. I don't remember the name it was given. I wish I could be more helpful for your research.

• 14. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

You have been very helpful, and also patient.

I never had PrE 8, so cannot directly check for you, but we are fortunate to have many subscribers, who will know the Additional Functional Content in that version, and probably a few, who still have it installed on their systems. It is likely that they can help you in your search.

I would have guessed General for the genre, and made sure to double-check that, for both my versions - no luck.

Hunt

• 15. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                      Vendben1 Level 1

Well Hunt,

Thank you for your time and effort with this.  Hopefully someone will see this thread and will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks Again!

• 16. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Not exactly the same, but just a quick creation from Photoshop:

Title_01.png

Might be easier to create what you want, if you have Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements.

Good luck, and hope that you can locate the exact file needed - should be a PRTL (Premiere Elements Title Template).

Hunt

• 17. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                          Vendben1 Level 1

It certainly looks pretty close to the original.  I'm am definately not an artist, but I do have Photoshop (Ver. 10) so I will give it a try.

Again, thanks for your help.

• 18. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

In that case, I started with an HDV 1920 x 1080 Video Preset, with white Background, but as the Background is covered up, that should not matter.

I then did a Gradient Fill on a diagonal from light blue to deep purple.

I created a New Layer, did a feathered (50 pxl IIRC) Circle Selection, to keep the next step constrained and did a Radial Gradient w/ greens.

Next, I did a Free Transform (Ctrl+T), and Rotated that Layer by about 45 degrees.

Next, I applied the Twirl Filter, at a high setting to get the "swirl." Then I applied a Radial Blur to that, followed by a fairly heavy Gausian Blur (probably about 8 pxls.), and finally adjusted the Opacity of that Layer down to about 60%.

I did a Save_As PSD (so that I could do more work, if necessary), then output a PNG, which I attached.

If that works for you, I can e-mail the PSD to you, and let you perhaps adjust the Opacity, to suit your needs. You could also Blur that spiral Layer more, if needed, and maybe even add a Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer to it to alter its colors.

Just drop me a Private Message (click on my Profile, and to the upper-right, choose Send Private Message). List your e-mail address, and I will send that PSD to you, for additional work. That would save you having to start over.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 19. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill Hunt and Vendben1

What you are looking for is an Adobe Title Template under Premiere Elements workspace Edit Tab/Titles/General/Generic One/file named "generic1_title.prtl.

In some earlier Premiere Elements versions it is was offered as a Title Template and DVD Menu Template or just the Title Template. Here is what you would be expected to find:

Premiere Elements 4, 7, and 8.0/8.0.1, the design as title template and DVD Menu Template

Premiere Elements 9, the design as title template, but the DVD Menu Template is no longer offered

Premiere Elements 10 and 11, no such title template or DVD Menu Template.

In Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 (Windows 7 64 bit), the "generic1_title.prtl" can be found in the path of:

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0

Presets

Templates

Common

General

Generic One

and in the Generic One Folder is the generic1_title.prtl file along with is credits, frame, and lower 3rd version.

If you still have a purchased copy of Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1, you might consider trying to move that file from 8.0/8.0.1 to 10. I can offer the path. However, initial attempts to do that transfer result in a blank title template with only the text of the .prtl visible in a Premiere Elements 10 project. I will do a bit more work on this to try determine why the image is not transferring with the text for the .prtl.

By the way, if I transfer the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Generic One DVD Menu Template Folder from 8.0/8.0.1 to 10, the transfer is completely successful. In the case of the DVD Menu Template transfer the file involved is .psd.

ATR

• 20. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill Hunt and Vendben1

The rest of the story relating to why the blank, except for text, title template prtl when I transferred the "generic1_title.prtl" from Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 to Premiere Elements 10.....

Not only did I need to transfer the .prtl file whose path I described previously, but I also need to transfer the .png file associated with it. And, that .png was stored to another location in Logos whose path to is the following in Windows 7 64 bit.

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0

Presets

Logos

Common

and in the Common Folder will be the generic1_title.png file along with its .png files for other varients of that theme, that is, generic1_frame.png, generic_lower3rd.png. There is no .png for the third varient generic1_credits.prtl. That one is just rolling credits to which you add your own background in the workspace.

If you have a purchased copy of version 8.0/8.0.1 or one of the versions that has the needed files, these files can be placed in the correct location in the purchased copy of Premiere Elements 10 so that they can be used there.

ATR

• 21. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                                  Vendben1 Level 1

I want to thank you both for your assistance with this issue.

• 22. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Great detective work.

PrE 4.0 had that PRTL, and the PNG for it, just where you said that it was in PrE 8.

PrE 11 does not have either of those files, at least in my installation, which should have the full compliment of Additional Functional Content - neither file shows up, and nothing by the name of "generic1" anything.

Thank you for your research. I am very impressed.

Hunt

• 23. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                                      Vendben1 Level 1

Hunt,

I have a question for you.  I checked with my IT group about a possible backup they have from my 'old' PC which had Ver.8 on it. I have a new PC which has Ver. 10 on it (Dec.2012) which started this whole discussion.  IT informed me that all backups from my older PC have been deleted to conserve space on the servers.  How convenient. Now I have no possible way of trying to find the file that ATR diligently researched.

Your note indicated that you were able to find the .prtl I am looking for in Ver.4. Would it be possible to send the .prtl to me in the same manner you sent the .PSD file?  If not, maybe you can help me with the problem I mention below.

I am in the process of manipulating the .PSD file you sent me in Photoshop 10 to match the original.  I seem to have a problem with the text not going away when I transition to fade to black before the next file.  Is there a way to lock the text with .PSD so that when I transition through a fade to black mode, then text is not visible on the black backgrouund?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 24. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Michael,

The one problem with sending files from my, or anyone's, copy of PrE is that all of that material is © by Adobe Systems. They are not mine, per se, to send.

When I am sent such files, usually Menu Sets in PSD, from versions of PrE, or Encore that I do not own, to test for the Forum, I Delete those, as soon as my testing is complete, as I do not have the rights to use those files - only if I had the version of the Adobe program, from which they came.

I do not recall if the Additional Functional Content is available as a second install from the physical media discs in PrE 8 (never had that version), or whether it will install if another, later version of PrE is installed on a system, but if you have either the physical, or the second of the two download files, you might try to install that Additional Functional Content. One consideration is whether this Generic1 Title is in the limited Functional Content, that is installed WITH PrE, or is in the CAB (or other file type), in the Additional Functional Content.

Knowing that it IS in PrE 4.0 does not answer the above question. Heck, until ATR did his research, I never thought that it might be in my older version, but with the PNG (necessary to display the PRTL file in the Library Display) elsewhere. Thanks to ATR for that work, and info. Not sure if that points to a mistake on Adobe's part, of if it is "hidden" for some other reason? We will probably never know.

Why it was removed from later versions is just the way it happens. Adobe will add Additional Functional Content, from time to time, and will remove some, that they deem to no longer be useful. Though smallish files, they DO take up HDD space, and as most Additional Functional Content is now on Adobe hosted servers, I feel that someone decided that that particular Title was no longer popular enough to include.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 25. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                                          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

HDV 1920 x 1080 Video Preset

hdv cannot be 1920 x 1080 its always 1440x1080 par 1.33.

• 26. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Ann,

The term comes from the Photoshop Video Preset:

Photoshop_HDV_Preset.png

Hunt

• 27. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill Hunt

Interesting Photoshop choice of Preset name, probably thinking display rather than the 1440 x 1080 HD anamporphic 16:9 which is stretched by the 16:9 flag to 1920 x 1080 for display after encoding.

While I am still in the "comparative mode" from the Premiere Elements title template part of this thread, I did some comparisons on the Photoshop Elements side of things and how it designates the new documents presets. In Photoshop Elements 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11, same under Full Editor/File Menu/New/Blank/Presets/Film & Video for any thing that has "HDV" in the size field:

HDV/HDTV 720p,

shows details of width = 1280 pixels, height = 720 pixels, resolution 72 pixels/inch (defaults)

HDV 1080p,

show details of width = 1440 pixels, height = 1080 pixels, resolution 72 pixels/inch (defaults)

Photoshop Elements has no Film & Video with Presets = "HDV, 1920 x 1080 (with guides)" with the sizing of width = 1920 pixels, height = 1080 pixels, and resolution = 72 pixels/inch. Did the New dialog settings posted in your screenshot (post #26) come with the program or were you able to create and name that one yourself for your convenience?

ATR

• 28. Re: Missing Title Page - Elements Version 10
                                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Those were included Presets. In the drop-down, all of the Video Presets are at the bottom of the list, after Custom, and the more common paper sizes. The Presets also specify the PAR of the Image, and as you can see, this one is PAR=1.0, or square pixels, and not the more common PAR=1.333, that Ann mentioned. I realize that the Photoshop Preset goes against the specs. of HDV, but for one using PS, I listed it, exactly as it appears.

In the case of the PS Image Presets, one normally has the option of "With Guides," which are the Title-safe and Action-safe areas, shown with PS Guides. There are, in several cases, the same Preset, without the Guides. As I will normally want those Title-safe and Action-safe Guides, that is my choice. As those Guides do not translate to Premiere via Importing the resulting PSD, they are only used by me, in my design, whether a Title, or a Menu.

IIRC, PS added those with the CS version, when non-square pixels were first introduced. I do not believe that PS version 7/7.0.1 did not have those, as it could only do square pixels. Also, PS was before Premiere, in adopting the BBC PAR's, taken to 4 decimal places. It seems that Premiere went that direction with about CS 4.

Hunt