2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2007 4:10 AM by thenilsh

Cannot use Flex Builder 3 Profiler

santiago79
      Hi, I am using the most recent Flex Builder 3 beta (M3 beta 2). I cannot get the profiler to run at all.
      I am following this tutorial:
      http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_3:Feature_Introductions:_Performance_and_Memory_ Profiling

I cannot get past step 2, Getting Started. I have a dirt simple app, and when I click the profiler button, it launches my Firefox (or IE, or debug player) and then the flash player asks where the profiler is running (Localhost or External machine). Either option does nothing.

Then, the console says: socket timeout.

When I do the same thing but click the debugger button, everything works fine in both browsers and debug player. I see my trace calls in the eclipse console.

But the profiler just doesn't work, and I haven't found anything on the Web pointing me toward the right direction.

Any ideas? Thanks!
        • 1. Cannot use Flex Builder 3 Profiler
          santiago79 Level 1
          I seem to be able to telnet into the port briefly (i have tried both 9999 (default) and 3434).

It shows this in the Flex Builder console after a while:

java.io.IOException: Unknown 'agent -> profiler' command: 13
          at com.adobe.flash.profiler.internal.ProtocolHandler.process(ProtocolHandler.java:134)
          at com.adobe.flash.profiler.internal.PlayerSession.run(PlayerSession.java:388)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Basically it looks like the Flex Builder cannot communicate to the debug player which port it is located at...
          • 2. Re: Cannot use Flex Builder 3 Profiler
            thenilsh
            Hi Santiago79,

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution to this? Thanks.

Sunil