8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2013 9:40 AM by G Gene Kelly RSS

Avchd problem

G Gene Kelly

I am trying to merge 4 AVCHD files that were shot as a continuos shoot9church sermon), and I cannot get the little audio glitches between each segment to blend. Is there some reference to look at to solve this issue? thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Avchd problem
          Steve Grisetti CommunityMVP

Not quite sure what you're asking, Gene. You have little glitches in your audio?

Is this a continuous recording of a sermon in four parts, with no breaks between -- or are they four different camera angles of the same event?

• 2. Re: Avchd problem
            G Gene Kelly Community Member

Thanks Steve for answering. It is a single camera from one point of view(Lumix FZ 200) shooting continuos video. I did not know that the camera broke the video into 20 minute segments, bu ti does, and when trying to merge them into a contimuoe video, at the 20 min. mark there is a little audio glitch or pause, I am not really sure what to call it,I am very new to this.

• 3. Re: Avchd problem
              Steve Grisetti CommunityMVP

So is there audio missing -- or the audio simply broken across two clips?

BTW, did you use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From Flip or Camera tool to get the video from the camcorder to your computer? Often when you do that, the program will better copy the video to your project. (You don't say, so I'm assuming you're using version 11.)

BTW, did you shoot in AVCHD or MP4 format? According to your camera's specs, if you shoot in MP4/FHD or HD mode, the camera will break your video into 4 gig segments. If you shoot in full AVCHD, your video can be as large as your memory card can handle.

• 4. Re: Avchd problem
                the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Is the Audio "glitch" happening at the beginning of one scene/Clip?

You state that your camera shoots in smaller, separate Clips, rather than one long file, and I wonder if the Audio, where those smaller segments are starting, is not "cutting" the Audio on a Zero-crossing?

For more info on Zero-crossing Audio, this article might be helpful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3365894#3365894

If the Audio glitches are happening in the middle of the segmented Clips, then it should not be a Zero-crossings issue, unless you have made a Cut in the Clip.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Avchd problem

Steve I shot in AVCHD. I called Panasonic about the issue and was told that it is standard practice to automaticallly break continuos video into 4 gig or 20 min. segments. Some folks on DPREVIEW.com said that this has been from the begining.The video does not appear to flicker in between the segments only the audio breaksacross the where the segments join. I was told that elements had the ability to blend smoothly this type of file. I downloaded in several ways including straight from the sd card. It always the same.

• 6. Re: Avchd problem
                    John T Smith CommunityMVP

Metadata contained in folder http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1015001?tstart=0 might help

• 7. Re: Avchd problem
                      nealeh Community Member

Did you Panny come with its own software suite? If so that may do a better job of recombining the four clips. You can then export it as a single clip for use in PRE.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 8. Re: Avchd problem

It did come with it's own software but did not handle video, I couldn't find It.  I did use some of the advice from other posters and reloaded the files. That seem to have done the trick. Thanks to all who tried to help.