4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2007 4:14 AM by w_rijnen

Base color keeps switching

w_rijnen Level 1
      My base color can't steady itself, why is that? I want my base color to be steady in this case.

Am i doing something wrong? I just started working, i thought after seeing and learning through the flash tutorial i could easely do it.

so i was wrong
        • 1. Re: Base color keeps switching
          Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
          Hi can you give some more detailed steps so we can try and reproduce it? Was it the initial base color and then you clicked a rule, and the base color changed? Were you changing another swatch? Etc.
          Also, please provide browser/OS. Helps QE track these issues down.
          Thanks!
          Sami
          • 2. Base color keeps switching
            w_rijnen Level 1
            Hi,

it was a preset base color, i manually filled in the CMYK values into the basecolors' rulers. When i changed the other 4 colours, the base color immediatly changes it's values. Thus changing it's main colour.
            I used the following CMYK values C 100, M 68, Y 7, K 30, they keep changing in the values C 100, M 66, Y 0, K 35

odd?

greetings!
            • 3. Re: Base color keeps switching
              Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
              Hi, I'm not quite sure what happened but this might help if you were not in Custom setting.

The base color and 4 other colors are all connected because the default setting is a color algorithm, a set relationship. Any changes to one, will change all the others, including the base color. If you want to change colors individually, you need to "unlink" the colors by choosing the Custom rule. Then you can then change each color on its own.

Hope that helps.

Sami
              • 4. Re: Base color keeps switching
                w_rijnen Level 1
                That's it! Thanks Sami!