1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2013 10:06 AM by rush_pawan

Allow an author to add a dynamic number of datefields to a dialog

Modulo216

Hi All.  So I've run into a problem that I'm not sure how to even approach.  I'm very familiar with creating dialogs for my authors, but what I need to do is allow them dynamically Add and Remove a number of datefields.  I add a datefield now to my dialog.xml like so:

<startDate

jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget"

fieldLabel="Start Date"

name="./startDate"

xtype="datefield"/>

What I'd like to do is have a Add and Remove button / link that will add or remove a new datefield to the dialog.  From there I also need to figure out how to handle these items on the server side.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be very helpful.

• 1. Re: Allow an author to add a dynamic number of datefields to a dialog
          rush_pawan Level 4

Hi,

Instead of using datefield widget directly use multified widget and configure it with datefield as below

<dates

jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget"

fieldLabel="Dates"

name="./dates"

xtype="multifield">

<fieldConfig

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

xtype="datefield"/>

</dates>

So here first create a node with xtype as "multifield" and then inside that node create another nt:unstructured node and configure it using xtype "datefield".

You can access this field similar to how you access multifield in normal case (as String[]).

Let me know if you need more information or faced any issue during implementation.

Thanks,

Pawan