4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2007 7:26 AM by Julien_Marchand

Force Page Break Before Certain Headings

Julien_Marchand
      I would like to force a page break before the main section of my user manual. However, when using the "Page break before new topic" in the build options creates a new page for every single topic instead of book as I would like.

Is there any way to get the behavior I want...?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Force Page Break Before Certain Headings
          kmaddox1 Level 1
          I do that too. Assuming your main section starts with a heading that has a style applied to it (for example, a Heading 1 or H1 or BookTitle or whatever you want to call it), define the corresponding style in Word to have a page break before it. That is, in Word, go to Format > Style > select Heading 1 > Modify > Paragraph > Line and Page Breaks > Page break before.
          • 2. Re: Force Page Break Before Certain Headings
            Julien_Marchand Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: Kathy Maddox
            I do that too. Assuming your main section starts with a heading that has a style applied to it (for example, a Heading 1 or H1 or BookTitle or whatever you want to call it), define the corresponding style in Word to have a page break before it. That is, in Word, go to Format > Style > select Heading 1 > Modify > Paragraph > Line and Page Breaks > Page break before.

Thanks... But is there a way to do that directly in RoboHelp HTML instead of relying on Word...?
            • 3. Re: Force Page Break Before Certain Headings
              RoboColum(n) Level 5
              The short answer is "no" as RH has no concept of page breaks. It is an online help tool. As far as the printed documentation is concerned, it is just that - a hard copy of the help. As this creates Word output what is wrong with Kathy's solution?
              • 4. Re: Force Page Break Before Certain Headings
                Julien_Marchand Level 1
                quote:

Originally posted by: Colum McAndrew
                The short answer is "no" as RH has no concept of page breaks. It is an online help tool. As far as the printed documentation is concerned, it is just that - a hard copy of the help. As this creates Word output what is wrong with Kathy's solution?

That's what I'm going to do. I just wanted to know if there was an unknown option somewhere in the software or if there was a way instead of relying on the other software.