3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2006 1:21 AM by Blakice_iceman

Wanting to navigate with frame labels...

Blakice_iceman
      Hello,

I'm not too sure if this is difficult to most people or not, but I have not been able to find a working solution. Here is the situation:

I have a parent SWF file ("index.swf") that loads external SWF files. In a couple of my external SWF files, I want to have a few different frames that all have unique text content. I am wanting to gotoAndStop on a frame using buttons. However, the frame I want to go to is in Scene 1 of the external SWF file, and the button lies in a movie clip within Scene 1. I have tried the following code:

b1.onRelease = function() {
      _root.gotoAndStop(2);
      }

It seems to work fine when I test that SWF file, but when I test it within "index.swf" (parent) it goes to frame 2 of "index.swf" instead of the external SWF file that it is supposed to. I have also used the following code:

b1.onRelease = function() {
      gotoAndStop("frameLabel");
      }

This does not work at all. The frame label name has been set on the top layer of 4 layers (including the actions layer). I was under the impression that if I had a unique frame label name on a particular frame, that function would work.

To sum it all up, I'm am wanting the externally loaded SWF file to basically switch between its own frames based on buttons clicked within the external SWF file, without it effecting the parent movie ("index.swf"). Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Elijah