Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

What's preventing SUM of fields

Level 2

I'm hold CTRL down while clicking in the cells I wish to have added together to create a total dollar amount.

I have three columns.  The first column adds nicely.  The second and third do not. When I click on one of the two certain cells in the non-functioning columns, formcalc returns  

Sum(Row2.Exp1+xfa.resolveNode("Row2[1].Exp2")+Row3.Exp3

What is xfa.resolveNode mean in Row2[1]?

Thank you in advance for your help and expertise in determining whats preventing the sum to work.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I renamed the rows in the table to be numerically correct, saved, closed and re-opened the document.  Then I used CTRL key to select fields I want added and all three columns work now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

If you insert a screenshot from your hierarchy I will try to help you.

xfa.resolveNodes() = The formular looks for "Row2[1].Exp2" and the search begins above on the first node bottom-up.

I suppose that you have more unnamed subforms. I see this if you have Row2 several times. The square bracket shows this. Then will appear this string.

Kind regards Mandy

Level 5

Thx for the screenshot. But in this section I can't see where you have several times of the Row2?

Correct answer by
Level 2

I renamed the rows in the table to be numerically correct, saved, closed and re-opened the document.  Then I used CTRL key to select fields I want added and all three columns work now.