3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2013 4:10 PM by npasto

Building my first video editing PC - need

npasto

I need a reasonably powerful video editing PC for less than $1500 total. The lower the price, the better. I would be willing to buy a pre-assembled machine if I could find something suitable in that price range, but it seems likely that I will need to assemble my own in order to get maximum value for my dollars. I will primarily be working with 1920 x 1080 HD footage in Premiere and After Effects, and I need something that can handle the workload.

It's been probably 10+ years since I opened up a PC case, so I'm totally lost in terms of current technology and what I would need. I don't even really know where to start.

Presumably I'll need a case, a processor, a hard drive, RAM, and a video card. Can anyone recommend some good options for my needs or point me towards a good source of information? Also, how simple will it be for me to put the machine together? I used to take my computers apart when I was a kid to upgrade the video card in my gaming days, but that was a long time ago now. I'm basically starting from scratch.

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks.