8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 9:08 AM by LindseyNance RSS

Uploading Fillable forms to websites?

LindseyNance

Can I upload a fillable form with the submit option to a website?

• 1. Re: Uploading Fillable forms to websites?
          George_Johnson ACP/MVPs

You might want to provide more information. You can place a fillable PDF form on a web site so that others can access it. You can set up a fillable form with a button or link that cause the form data or the complete form to be submitted to a web site. If none of these things is what you had in mind, post again with more info.

• 2. Re: Uploading Fillable forms to websites?
            LindseyNance Community Member

I want o use a fillable form with a button or link that cause the form data or the complete form to be submitted to a web site. I uploaded the pdf file to the web site, but the submit button doesnt work. what am i doing wrong?

• 3. Re: Uploading Fillable forms to websites?
              pwillener ACP/MVPs

How did you create that form?  Adobe Reader cannot create forms or PDF files.

A link to that form may help.

• 4. Re: Uploading Fillable forms to websites?
                pwillener ACP/MVPs

LindseyNance wrote:

...the complete form to be submitted to a web site.

Not sure what you mean; how would it be submitted to a web site?  Upload to a web folder?  With the same name, replacing the previous document with the same name?

• 5. Re: Uploading Fillable forms to websites?
                  George_Johnson ACP/MVPs

You just echoed what I said. How did you configure the button? Do you want to send the form data or the complete form? Do you have a program on the web server set up to process the submission? Tell us in your own words what it is you want to do.

• 6. Re: Uploading Fillable forms to websites?

I created a survey using Adobe Acrobat Pro, after reading some responses, I see I may have posted my question in the wrong forum, however, those who took the survey have the option to submit it. I get an email that the survey has been submitted and their responses are gathered in a portfolio on my computer.  I did this by pushing the distribute button in the tools section of the form, while I was in edit mode. 

Now I want to upload this survey to our website, so anybody can complete it, however, when I just pull the survey from my documents, the submit button is still visible, but it doesn't work. It doesn't look like a button anymore.

It may be the way I'm uploading the survey to the website as well. Let me know if you have any pointers.

• 7. Re: Uploading Fillable forms to websites?
                      George_Johnson ACP/MVPs

The reason the button looks and behaves differently is most likely because it is not being opened in Adobe Reader or Acrobat. The Firefox and Chrome browsers have their own built-in PDF viewers and have limited support for PDF forms. Chrome has the most support, but it is still far from complete.

• 8. Re: Uploading Fillable forms to websites?

Wow.. That makes perfect sence.. I did notice that when I open the file from the website, it doesn't open as a PDF attachment, but like I opened a new tab.  Thank you so much.

This leads to my next question. Can I remove the submit button so that someone can fill out the form electronically and either save it to their computer and email it back to me, or print it out themselves?