7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2013 9:00 PM by Barbara B.

Software problem

derosenow

I am unable to move from organizer to edit in Photoshop Elements 10.  I have had this same problem since I bought the software, and have contacted you before.  This time, I am unable to get back in at all.  Is it possible that my software is faulty?  I have tried everything I know to do.  Appreciate your help.

• 1. Re: Software problem
          Barbara B. Level 7

Hi, drosenow. Sorry you're having trouble. You haven't actually contacted us before, since we aren't adobe, just other customers like you. Are you installing in windows or on a mac?

• 2. Re: Software problem
            derosenow Level 1

Hi, Barbara - I'm installing in Windows 8.  I've had the problem ever since I bought Adobe Elements 10 and married it wth Windows 8. 

• 3. Re: Software problem
              Barbara B. Level 7

When you installed did you turn off your antivirus/anti-malware software? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

• 4. Re: Software problem
                derosenow Level 1

Yes, we turned off everything.  I have tried to uninstall/reinstall a few times, but I have to plead ignorance on this portion.  We got a message twice about something in Adobe being open, and while I thought we'd turned off everything, I couldn't get rid of the message.  Since we didn't have Adobe completely uninstalled, we put the first DVD in anyway and a couple of times it worked.  A couple of times I've gotten it back, but I don't know how.  This last time, nothing worked.  And is still not working. I can get into organizer, but that's it.

• 5. Re: Software problem
                  Barbara B. Level 7

Well, it would help a lot to know exactly what the message said. You can check the windows services, since there are a couple that run all the time unless you stop them.

• 6. Re: Software problem
                    derosenow Level 1

All the message said was that something was open.  I went back and closed everything again, but the message kept coming back.

I appreciate your help, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to sign off for now.  It's 11:05 pm here, and I'm ready to call it quits for tonight.  It's been a long day for me.  I'll try again tomorrow to uninstall everything, and see if I get the same message that I did the other 3 times I tried.  Will I be able to talk to you, or will I get someone new if I sign back in tomorrow?  Thank you again for your help.

• 7. Re: Software problem
                      Barbara B. Level 7

It will be whoever gets here first--we're all volunteers, but there are several people here who know much more about win 8 than I do, so don't worry.