1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2013 1:53 AM by Peter Spier

How can I see what Effects have been applied to a placed element?

Jack Ball

I have a document and I need to know what effects have been applied to placed duotones. I can see one had a gradient feather applied. Do I need to select each item and then hunt through menus to see what someone has applied to them or can I see this information elsewhere?

Indd CS5.

• 1. Re: How can I see what Effects have been applied to a placed element?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You can probably script a report of what effects have been applied, or ask over in InDesign Scripting to see if anyone has already got such a script, if you want to avid doing this one at a time.

But you shouldn't need to "hunt through menus" to find out what effects are applied to an object -- it's all in one place, Object > Effects >, and you can access that list also from the control panel or the effects panel by clicking the fx button. If there's a checkmark, the effect is applied. The only thing that won't tell you is if there is an opacity change, but you can see that pretty clearly in the Effects panel if it's open.