7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 10:19 AM by Mr Rhys RSS

Audio mix troubleshooting

Mr Rhys

Why doesn't Premiere Elements 10 save changes to audio mix after I click save?

• 1. Re: Audio mix troubleshooting
          the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean that after you have added Audio Track Keyframes, with the Audio Mixer, those Track Keyframes are not being Saved with the Project, or something else?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Audio mix troubleshooting
            Mr Rhys Community Member

Hi

I'm not entirely sure what a keyframe is, but what happens is this.

I play my movie, adjusting the audio mix sliders as I go along. At the end, I click save. I replay the movie, and find that it hasn't saved any adjustments to the audio mix. I tried sliding the sliders for 5 seconds then clicked save, but it still wouldn't save it.

I've had this problem before a few months ago but I don't remember how I resolved it.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Audio mix troubleshooting

I assume that you are using the Audio Mixer. Is that correct?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Audio mix troubleshooting

Here is a look at both the Audio Track, and Audio Mixer in PrE 11.

PrE11_Audio_Mixer.png

Audio Mixer can work in two ways:

1. If one is at the beginning of the Timeline, and it is not playing, an Audio Track, including the Master, can be adjusted. That change should stick, until changed in some way.
                2. With the Timeline playing, adjusting the Sliders will add Track Keyframes to the Track, and those changes should also stick.

To test the second method, play back the Timeline, and the Slider (for the Track that you adjusted) should move on its own.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Audio mix troubleshooting
                  Mr Rhys Community Member

Hi

Yes, what happened for the last few months was exactly what you discribe in method 2. Yesterday, when I played the timeline and finished adjusting the sliders, I click save and play it from the begginning. The sliders stay at the 0 like they havn't been adjusted at all.

Ioan

• 6. Re: Audio mix troubleshooting

That is odd behavior. It sounds like the original Track Keyframes are stuck, and are not being replaced, as they should, with the Audio Mixer.

As a test, Select all of the Clips on that Audio Track, and drag them to an empty Audio Track, say Audio 3. It might be required that you Create Audio Track, depending on what you have already used.

Once Moved, use the Audio Mixer, as you need, and check to see that it IS placing Track Keyframes, as it should.

Good luck, and let us know how the test works out.

Hunt

• 7. Re: Audio mix troubleshooting
                      Mr Rhys Community Member

Good idea, I've just tried putting the audio in the 'soundtrack' instead of 'narration' but it still doesn't save the changes.