A render is something different than an export, which it seems is what you're talking about here.
The final phase of such an export is the muxing. Once the separate video and audio files are generated, they have to be combined, or muxed, into a single MP4 file. How long have you waited for this process to finish?
It's been frozen at 100 % for several hours (3 or 4)
Should I leave it working for the rest of the night? I don't know if I should cancel the muxing process. It'll take like 8 hours to export the whole thing again.
What do you think I should do?
Thanks for your quick reply.
Sorry, Yeah. I meant exporting. Exporting the final project.
The muxing can take quite a while. If you are on Window open the Windows Task Manger and then click on the Resource Monitor.
There you will be able to see the disk I/O. It will show you what files are being read and what files are being written to.
You should be able to see your exported file being written to.
I took a look at the Disk I/O and nothing related to the PPCS6 muxing process seems to show up there.
Attached is a screenshot of the Disk I/O window and the PPCS6 export window with the process info.
Also, I found a thread where they mention a similar problem in Adobe Media Encoder. At the end of the thread they mention a codec called handbreak, which they say is better than Main Concept and doesn't crash during export.
What do you think?
I tried what was advised on the post you linked. There were no black gaps on my project. I exported the whole project again, but no luck. Exactly the same thing happens. The export process never gets to mux the video and audio files. All I am left with in my output folder is the video and audio file separately and an extra mp4 file, which size is 0 bytes. I guess this last file should be the final exported file in case the muxing process had taken place successfully.
Anyway, I have no idea what the next step should be. All I want is to see this project come to life!!!
Any more ideas?
I tried to:
1. Remove Premiere Pro preferences file
2. Restore Premiere cache while Holding shift while opening the program.
Then I I exported the whole sequence for the third time. The same thing happened. The export process never gets to mux the video and audio files. All I am left with in my output folder is the video and audio file separately and an extra mp4 file, which size is 0 bytes.
I really need a solution for this. I don't mind to pay for it if necessary.
Well, if this was my problem, which I'm glad it isn't, here is what I would do.
Duplicate the sequence and remove all the effects.
Try to export the first clip. If that works, try to export the first two clips.
If that works, tries to export the first 4 clips. Keep doubling up until you get to the end.
If all that works, do the same thing with all your effects. This should pinpoint your problem.
If the first clip (without effects) doesn't work, try another clip or a clip of another format to try to isolate your problem. If that doesn't work, you have a system problem.
Basically, you have to eliminate possibe problems.
Please let us know how you make out.
Try going through Adobe Media Encoder instead of a Direct Export.
Right now I am exporting the 42 min sequence in 5 chunks to see if I can pinpoint the exact file that's causing the problem. So far I exported 3 chuncks and they all came out fine. Let's see the last two.
But I will take a look at Media Encoder to see if the whole sequence can be exported through there. I guess I do that through Adobe Dynamic link, right? If not, How do I go about doing that exactly?
Thanks for your help, guys.
1 person found this helpful
Hit Queue instead of Export from the Settings dialog.
Thank you so much Jim!!! The sequence exported perfectly through Adobe Media Encoder. I don't know why but it worked!!!
I owe you one. If you need anything, just let me know.
1 person found this helpful
I'm about $79,990 short for a used Ferrari I've had my eye on...
You got it!! When I get big on with my vids That't the first thing on my list!!!!
Just to keep this topic alive, I'm going to just say that I had this EXACT same issue with 2017 Premiere Pro CC. Including how it stuck at 100% multiple times and produced 3 files in my export location. One video, one audio, and one extra with 0 bytes.
I am trying to figure out how to work Media Encoder CC 2017 and will edit this post to let everyone know if that worked.
EDIT: I rendered it in Adobe Media Encoder CC 2017 and I'm having the exact same problems. Stops at 100%. Any ideas would be great.
Please help I have the exact same problem!! It won't work through media encoder or exporting through premier pro, it freezes up at 100% for both
As a followup, I do all of my exporting through Media Encoder, it's just that once it hits 100% you have to wait a REALLY long time. I have a fairly beefy computer (i7 7700k (which in 2017 is top of the heap), 32gb RAM (also very high compared to most computers in 2017), and a PCI-e SSD (which less than 1% of people have as of this post - even though you future people reading this think these specs are so sad, they are very good for the time being)).
And even with this machine, a 2 hour film takes a good 20-30 mins AT 100% to finish render. So just wait. It will happen.