4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2014 4:53 AM by hugh19882

Ripple Trim Next Edit to Playhead BUG ?

AtonMusic Level 2

Hi...

I have programmed that specific keyboard shortcut. Only my main video track is selected. The audio track is NOT.

Whenever I hit that shortkey the function works but it will trim every track on the timeline incl. the Audio.

I have to lock all the tracks that I dont want affected...

Is this the way it is supposed to work ? or is it a bug ?

• 1. Re: Ripple Trim Next Edit to Playhead BUG ?
          SFL46 Level 3

Did you unlink the audio and video track for the clips that you expect not to move?  Unless they are unlinked any trim that changes position or duration of the video track will affect the linked audio track

I believe that this is expected behavior becuase why would you usually want to take the vidio and audio out-of sync.  if you want to do something different, then you need to lock the track (but if the tracks are liniked, both the audio and video track will lock, I believe.

• 2. Re: Ripple Trim Next Edit to Playhead BUG ?
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

AtonMusic wrote:

Hi...

I have programmed that specific keyboard shortcut. Only my main video track is selected. The audio track is NOT.

Whenever I hit that shortkey the function works but it will trim every track on the timeline incl. the Audio.

I have to lock all the tracks that I dont want affected...

Is this the way it is supposed to work ? or is it a bug ?

Yes, that's the way it works. If you could do what you wanted, you would throw the audio out of sync. If you lock audio, and then try the command, you'll see that result.

You can trim to the video only to the playhead easily, but not ripple trim. Just target video only and invoke the shortcut.

• 3. Re: Ripple Trim Next Edit to Playhead BUG ?
              AtonMusic Level 2

Thanks for replying....

This "feature" suck for making music videos though ;-)

aside from that... WHAT if someone wont wanna sync the two... As in one audio playback with a bunch of arbitrary vodeo clips needing to get cut to it..

And if what you say holds true (Not saying it does not ;-))) -- The why on earth does the ripple tool itself NOT do to the audio what the short key does..

Makes no sense, somehow

To SFL46... The audio and video was never linked... It is a score in dire need of clips from a golf course ;-)

PS to Kevin -- If you have 6 video tracks THIS "so called feature" ripples all 6 clips... Why -- what -- The clips need to stay in sync ??? Make ZERO sense.

I think this is a BUG or oversigt. Now that I am really starting to look into it... Be nice if one of the developer would chime in...

Or should I call support... One cannot find ANY emails for support no more here @ adobe.

• 4. Re: Ripple Trim Next Edit to Playhead BUG ?
                hugh19882

This is most definitely a bug, not 'the way it works'. Even with the tracks unselected, the edit still applies to clips on all tracks. This is not the case with the 'make cut at playhead' feature which only cuts clips on the tracks selected.

Devs, please look into this, as its really slowing me down using the mouse each time.