2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2013 5:33 AM by Jeff Bellune

Issues re-installing adobe premiere pro cs5.5 Family

PetervanderPol

Hello All,

I Hope you guys can help me out on this, not sure this is the correct topic.

I've been working with Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5 For a while now, allways ran perfect on my machine:

Computer Specs

IBM Lenovo Thinkpad T420

Core I5

8 Gigabyte RAM

Windows 7 Professional

Native resolution 1366 x 768

Description

Last week, I wanted to install adobe After effects 5.5 and this is where it went wrong.. (I probably excidentally swtiched some folders and my Premiere Pro got corrupted when I wanted to start up the program). I tried to install it again, but keep getting the same error: See below.

These are the steps i've allready tried

• I've tried the Adobe cleanup program adobe provides to clean up all the remaining files, and used Your un-installer to delete all the remaining keys in the registry etc.
      • I've also tried the same install package on an other computer which works perfect.
      • I've tried the Adobe CS 6 Pro 30-days trial and this is also working fine.
      • I've tried to install adobe after effects 5.5 but gives me the same error.
      • I've tried solution : http://forums.adobe.com/message/3659097#3659097 where the Microsoft_VC80_CRT_X86 was replaced by the X64

This is the error I keep getting;

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 66 error(s), 63 warning(s)

---- Payload: {92D58719-BBC1-4CC3-A08B-56C9E884CC2C} Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 1.0.0.0 ---

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1610 - The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel.

• 1. Re: Issues re-installing adobe premiere pro cs5.5 Family
          PetervanderPol Level 1

Hi all,

I've got the combination of solutions working from what i've read on the forums and this is my solution which worked atleast for Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5 Family:

Solution Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5 Family:

Browse to \Installation\Adobe CS5.5\payloads

1: Start with backing up your files which gave an error in the log: In my case, it first gave an error on the "Microsoft_VC80_CRT_X86" later when I fixed this .MSI package it also gave an error on the "Microsoft_VC90_CRT_X86" file. So I made a backup of the 2 folders which are indicated "RED" in the picture below.

Solution.png

2: Copy from the green directory, the files which are in the image below

solution step 2.png

3. Paste the 2 files into the X86 folder as in the image below, delete the 2 files which are indicated red by the image below, and then adjust the new files to the same name as the files which were deleted:

solution step 3.png

4: You will probably have to do this twice for the different errors.

Extra step 5: I'm mentioning this step because im not sure if this helped, but I also uninstalled the MSI files to be sure there was nothing left behind of the old installer.

Hope this helps, I will try the same for After Effects and let you know if this also works.

• 2. Re: Issues re-installing adobe premiere pro cs5.5 Family
            Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Glad you found at least a partial solution.  Please don't post entire crash logs -- they make the topic unreadable for other users.

Jeff